Question about routings

Hi,
I'm a gigging musician playing small and bigger stages with several bands and artists. I am looking for a lightweight solution to all my different work scenarios and I’m considering the AX8. But for this to work for me I need to connect both my electric and accoustic guitar, and be able to send them to different outputs. If someone would be so kind to answer if the following routings are possible with the AX8 I’d really appreciate it!

I want to make three presets, two for my electric with and without amp sim, and one for my acoustic.

IN 1 (Electric) - mono fx - OUT 2 L - amp
stereo fx - OUT 1 L-R (Main) direct to FOH

IN 1 (Electric with sim and fx) to OUT 1 L-R (Main)

IN 2 (Accoustic) - to lines from two pickups - mono fx - mono out - Out 2 R

When choosing one preset the instrument from the other preset should be muted.
And does the tuner work with input 2?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
I'm a gigging musician playing small and bigger stages with several bands and artists. I am looking for a lightweight solution to all my different work scenarios and I’m considering the AX8. But for this to work for me I need to connect both my electric and accoustic guitar, and be able to send them to different outputs. If someone would be so kind to answer if the following routings are possible with the AX8 I’d really appreciate it!

I want to make three presets, two for my electric with and without amp sim, and one for my acoustic.

IN 1 (Electric) - mono fx - OUT 2 L - amp
stereo fx - OUT 1 L-R (Main) direct to FOH

IN 1 (Electric with sim and fx) to OUT 1 L-R (Main)

IN 2 (Accoustic) - to lines from two pickups - mono fx - mono out - Out 2 R

When choosing one preset the instrument from the other preset should be muted.
And does the tuner work with input 2?

Thanks a lot!

1. Yes, with the fx loop block

2. Yes, like how you would normally plug into studio mons

3. Yes, haven't tried but should be possible.

When you switch between presets, the other presets will definitely be muted, since you did not select them.

I believer the tuner works with input 2 as well. You can set it such that it mutes while tuning

Hi ikwan, thanks a lot! About the tuner working on input 2, it doesn't say anything in the manual, can you or someone confirm this?

Have been reading a bit more, and understand that there is only one FX loop block. which means that if I want to use the FXL as input I cannot use the out 2 in that preset. So if a guitar comes in at input2 it has to leave at Main / out1, right?
Would be nice if there was separate In2 and Out2 blocks:)

Thanks again, Olav

Hi ikwan, thanks a lot! About the tuner working on input 2, it doesn't say anything in the manual, can you or someone confirm this?

Have been reading a bit more, and understand that there is only one FX loop block. which means that if I want to use the FXL as input I cannot use the out 2 in that preset. So if a guitar comes in at input2 it has to leave at Main / out1, right?
Would be nice if there was separate In2 and Out2 blocks:)

Thanks again, Olav

Tuner does not work on input 2

I used to use a simple A-B switch for multiple guitar scenarios - perhaps that would work for you? Less complicated routing.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! I'm using two different pickup systems in my acoustic so regular ab won't work. Ab cadabra looks like a cool unit, but I guess an extra tuner will be the simplest solution. Was kind of hoping to avoid any external stuff. A bit like climbers that cut off the toothbrush to reduce weight:) thanks anyway!

Back
Top Bottom