Question about Plastic Screens on FC12-Mark II

Brian Coonan

Power User
Hi, not sure if this is anything or not but I just noticed last night that some of my screens are 'pushed in' a little, and some are flush with the casing. I noticed this because as I was carrying the FC12, my thumb hit one (not very hard) and I felt a little click. When I run my finger along the edge of the screen I can feel that it is sunk in whereas most of the others are flush. Just wondering if that is anything to be concerned about - like perhaps if water or something were to get on the FC12.

Thanks for any input!
Brian

Hi, not sure if this is anything or not but I just noticed last night that some of my screens are 'pushed in' a little, and some are flush with the casing. I noticed this because as I was carrying the FC12, my thumb hit one (not very hard) and I felt a little click. When I run my finger along the edge of the screen I can feel that it is sunk in whereas most of the others are flush. Just wondering if that is anything to be concerned about - like perhaps if water or something were to get on the FC12.

Thanks for any input!
Brian
Just in case anyone else comes across this - I did reach out to support who stated the following:

The mini LCDs do have a little bit of play in them, so a small amount of movement is normal and nothing to be concerned about. As long as the screen is functioning and the plastic cover is not coming free from its slot, it is in good order. They are not waterproof however so please be careful with your beverages.

Good to know (and thanks to support for the info!)

Back
Top Bottom