Question about Ownhammer IRs

Just getting way too anxious, been waiting for the perfect metal(ish) IR.

How would you describe this cab compared to the Bogner V30 from the beta?

Just getting way too anxious, been waiting for the perfect metal(ish) IR.

How would you describe this cab compared to the Bogner V30 from the beta?

Primarily attributable to the variation in speaker type, the Bog V31 has the feeling of a dip in the low mids and push in the high mids, where the Mes V32 is the exact opposite. Both cabs are Celestion Vintage 30 type loaded, but the V30 in the Mesa is English made and custom voiced to their spec versus the "normal" Chinese V30 in the Bogner. Though both are labeled Vintage 30, I don't consider these the same speaker in the least, hence the delegation of V31 and V32 in my naming convention.

My mic positioning scheme goes a long way, you can make anything significantly brighter or darker very easily, but I would say that this speaker would probably pair better with amps that have a lot of high end sizzle to even things out. The two cabs have different front baffle designs, which affects certain tonal elements. The front baffle on the Mesa is a dado joint, which is punchier sounding, the front baffle on the Bogner is floating, which is saggier sounding. The degree to which this latter element is audible depends on the source and the player and is far less obvious than the speaker differentiation. Dimensions are different, etc, etc, but I'm going too far with this response... :)

Done. Go get you some!

412-GTR Mes V32 STD

:)

Over the next few weeks I'm going to be doing a lot of house cleaning on the site, and am also planning on re-compiling (with all minimum phase and what have you) and re-introducing the old libraries as Legacy until I have time to officially re-sample them as V2.

More details on this and other elements will be in the newsletter when I have the time and energy to put it together at some point this weekend. I'm at the end of my 5th consecutive 18-20 hour work day for this week, and I'm just plain toast at the moment...

Thanks for the update!

For a customer of the previous Mesa V32 library it was just a matter of logging in to your account and redownloading the library.

However, one thing that I couldn't find in the new library was the Live n Loud & Studio Pro captures? The version.txt matched to the version number on your site, yet I couldn't find them in the library folder.

You're quite welcome! :)

Including the version.txt in the legacy zips appears to be a mistake on my part, and I appreciate the heads up here. I'm now re-uploading those files with a legacy-format.txt file in place of the version.txt that reiterates the FAQ entry for this question (Q/A #11, which when I have time tomorrow I'll move to #1 or #2):

OwnHammer.com - Speaker Cabinets F.A.Q.

Hi there kevin I would like to fill one of my kickstarter slots with the mesa v32 library

I don't remember how I do that

thanks

Been trying these out and I've got to say that I'm impressed! The voicing options really give the ability to cover a lot of ground even with the trusty old SM57 (my favourite for its top end sizzle)

I also made some tasty mix-IR's with the Axe-o-matic. The options are really limitless! Definitely gonna upgrade for the Studio Pro and Live N Loud captures, even if I can't imagine how I could achieve even nicer tone than with these basic IR's and AOM. :D

Hi there kevin I would like to fill one of my kickstarter slots with the mesa v32 library

thanks
I think you email Kevin for that... at least that's what I did. I haven't heard back yet, but I would imagine the poor guy has to sleep sometime, so I'm pretty sure I'll hear back when he has time. I remember it was a manual process he had to do when I got the Bogner and he was pretty darn quick to get back.

Thanks for all you've done Kevin. Looking forward to hearing the results of all of your hard work.

Upgrade from the old WAV version + frequency discount + $4.80 credit I had brought my total to a whopping 30¢.:p

thanks

Just email me through the contact page (support -> contact) to discuss. The impromptu kickstarter employed something my site's transactional framework really wasn't made to handle, and absolutely cannot automate by default. I am left with only the option of manually editing the database tables, and do so upon written request of the customer.

I've now worked through my entire email queue from today, so if you've messaged me already this may be old news. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys, glad you guys are enjoying the files!

Is there any files to try the Mesa Cabs like a beta or something so we know what we're getting into before buying?

Is there any files to try the Mesa Cabs like a beta or something so we know what we're getting into before buying?

At some point in the next week or two I'll probably post a demo file, but it will only be one file from the SM57 bunch, most likely Brit Modern 3 or 4.

Cant wait tohear some mesa clips
sounfiles guys!!! :)

This is not using any FAS gear, but is something I very quickly threw together I think a month or so ago?

It uses SM57 Brit Modern 1 (brightest) and R121 Brit Modern 1 (brightest) with the parallel send of the R121 at 6 dB lower than the SM57. At the time I didn't have the Nebula versions created, so this is done just using the .wav files.

The track is very raw, the playing is crap, etc, so take it for what it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom