Question about Ownhammer IRs

tomc3084

Experienced
I was just able to purchase the 412-GTR Bog 12M-RI Ownhammer IRs, only because that is all they had available. I have noticed other people talk about other IRs they have made in the past including mesa, shiva, etc. and one bundle that was 100$. Are these still for sale and I am missing something? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys!

Answers below:

...I have noticed other people talk about other IRs they have made in the past including mesa, shiva, etc....

Q/A #1

Support -> F.A.Q. -> Speaker Cabinets

OwnHammer.com - Speaker Cabinets F.A.Q.

...and one bundle that was 100$...

That was from when I held a kickstarter initiative that ran for 1 week in October of last year. The goal was met, the incentive bundles were removed from the website.

FWIW/FYI, bundles are no longer necessary on the website to get discount pricing on current cart items. A few minutes ago I reworked the PHP so that the Frequency Discount incorporates the current shopping cart contents order total value along with previous order to enable an on-the-fly bundle system. This way 'bundles' (in the way that one associates them to a discounted price for multiple items) are not pre-packaged and are fully customizable by the user. In this way there is also no confusion as to what it includes, and all libraries will show up in the quick view of your order history in your main account page. Probably TMI, but there you have it.

Hope this helps! :)

The IR's part is now finished, I just have to write the PDF and upload all various zip files to the web server. I also need to do a couple things to the site in general before release, one of which to accommodate another announcement to be made in the email blast. It will definitely be out this upcoming work week, and even though I typically release on Fridays I'm not going to wait this time should I get done earlier than that.

Not gonna lie, these Standard Series libraries are behemoth undertakings, to understate tremendously. Not sure if you've been following the OH FB posts, but recently I have something else going on in parallel (that has been an objective of mine for a year but never had time devoted to it) that I will be able to bang out much quicker and pending Axe-Fx tester feedback may hop over to for a short run to be able to get some diversity of product on the site. Needless to say I'm very excited at the prospect.

$25 USD for the "Standard Series" (STD) Mesa cab release coming this week (if you don't have enough accrued in past purchases to invoke the frequency discount).

So hypothetical example ;), if someone would have purchased recently, like in today, the currently available 412-GTR Bog 12M-RI IRs and would be interessted in the Mesa too, will that someone get a discount?

thanks for the info, i only bought 3 cabs from you so far, not sure if this qualifies for any discout. still 25$ is pretty Ok when i think of the effort you got into this! :)
just need to find out where the difference is, i guess if there is a standard series there mus tbe somethting bigger also!?

cheers
S.

So hypothetical example ;), if someone would have purchased recently, like in today, the currently available 412-GTR Bog 12M-RI IRs and would be interessted in the Mesa too, will that someone get a discount?

25 and 25 should hit the first tier of the Frequency Discount, yes.

thanks for the info, i only bought 3 cabs from you so far, not sure if this qualifies for any discout. still 25$ is pretty Ok when i think of the effort you got into this! :)
just need to find out where the difference is, i guess if there is a standard series there mus tbe somethting bigger also!?

cheers
S.

The library is gargantuan, yes. Off the top of my head, I believe there are 694 individual/unique IR files offered, each one carefully placed and captured and due to all the formatting options a huge part of my time is actually spent in post. I didn't clock anything as I just do as much as I can when I can, but I'd estimate that for just that ONE cab/speaker, it took around 160-200 hours, and this is with zero experimentation or things to figure out, just nose to the grindstone banging it out.

I'm very much looking forward to launch, I think everyone will be very happy with the results. :)

oh man, that's like a 1000 times more time spent than i thought, RESPECT man!!!

honestly i didn't like the beta stuff that much (may be my settings etc.)but i'm definitively stoked for the mesa cab! :)
i'm on the mailing list so i guess i'll get a mail when it's released.

Kevin,

I own most of your original series, is there any chance the SLM and Mills IRs will see an update to V2 one day? Looking forward to the Mesa release. Will the WAV to standard and AX to Standard upgrade price options be available for the Mesa and the others if you end up doing those?

Last edited:
I'm beginning to upload files to the web server now. This is the 4th version of this library to be released, so there are a ton of (redundant) files I'm having to push to accommodate certain database file name references for account variations, and ISP's have yet to lay down fiber in my area so my up speed at home isn't great. I also have to make some changes and additions to the website, one of them something not previously planned (nothing product related). Depending on these factors, announcement will go out some time between Friday and Sunday.

Thanks for hanging in there guys, it will have been worth the wait. :)

Yes, precious, the time draws near to unleash you onto the world...

crazy-meme.png

I have toiled, yet many doubt or do not know the depths to which you have tasked me...

std-library-size.png

What is that you say? I still need to do this dozens and dozens and dozens more times?!?!

rage-meme.jpg

:lol

This slipped past me, sorry about that!

Kevin,

I own most of your original series, is there any chance the SLM and Mills IRs will see an update to V2 one day?

One day, absolutely, love those cabs. However anymore there are too many variables to guess eta's.

Will the WAV to standard and AX to Standard upgrade price options be available for the Mesa and the others if you end up doing those?

Already on the site (Products -> Speaker Cabinets -> Legacy Library Upgrade Paths):

Legacy Library Upgrade Paths

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom