Question about Mesa speakers

frankiev

Experienced
Went into the "back room" and found that I had 4 Mesa black shadow mc-90 speakers .Ive had them so long I forgot they were there I bought them around the late 80's early 90's . Can one of the Mesa experts here give me some info on these ? They look similar to ev 12-L's. Do they have a flat enough frequency response to use as frfr speakers ?

They are a mesa / celestion collaboration which created a speaker that is similar to a classic lead 80. They sound great and many people love them (I used several before going direct) BUT they aren't EV12Ls nor are they frfr. The OEM mesa 12ls that I've seen didn't have labels on the back and just had OEM stamped on but I've heard of some with labels. When you think frfr, you should think PA. You'd never think to replace a Pa woofer with a guitar speaker because it wouldn't sound right. You should put those speakers in a guitar cab and try 'em or someone would certainly buy them off of you if you've given up cabs.

Went into the "back room" and found that I had 4 Mesa black shadow mc-90 speakers .Ive had them so long I forgot they were there I bought them around the late 80's early 90's . Can one of the Mesa experts here give me some info on these ? They look similar to ev 12-L's. Do they have a flat enough frequency response to use as frfr speakers ?

If you stumble onto a late '50s Fender original in that back room of yours, I'll buy it from you for $200 blind. :)

Back
Top Bottom