Question about Marshall el34 50/50 poweramp

bke

Inspired
Am mostly a Marshall guy, tried the axe fx3 through the return of my jvm into a normal cab and loved it. Worked really well for 800, afd, Friedman and the other Marshall type amps.

Anyone use a Marshall el34 50/50 power amp into a cab? One has come up really cheap locally and an thinking of trying it

I go frfr too but do like playing through normal cabs is something enjoy a lot.

Man, that amp is a heavy beast! I used to haul one of those around back in the day. They sound good, but I wouldn't lug that around when there are much lighter options....

Man, that amp is a heavy beast! I used to haul one of those around back in the day. They sound good, but I wouldn't lug that around when there are much lighter options....
Yeah I read they are heavy. Wouldn’t need to move it around much so that’s not a concern.

I have the 100/100 and it sounds like a freight train. Killer power amps.

Yeah, those things are listed as 42lbs unracked and they are like what? 4U? TBH, I would just put it in 4CM with the JVM if I was going to haul around 50lbs+ of ginormous Marshall power amp might as well get the preamp, too, and it'll probably be a wash in terms of size/space.

Those old Marshall dual monoblocs are for people playing stadiums with refrigerator sized racks and a bunch of roadies in my book. ;)

Kind of defeats the purpose of a modeling rig, as well, IMHO, since everything will run a Marshall power amp which you already have access to... I'd rather have a good flat power amp and get the Axe's power amp emulation which is already superb; and then drive the cab that way.

Back
Top Bottom