Question about cables

feliperigby

Inspired
What's the real difference using the output L(mono) only? Without using both L & R?

My ideia was to use the xlr balanced L (mono) with a p10 (stereo/balanced). Just a cable.
And not a Y cable ( 2 xlr/balanced female + 1 p10 stereo)

For a live situation, signal directly axe to a P.A.

Ps: I play bass

Is there any problem with that? Signal loss? Quality or something?
Or I really need to use a Y cable to use live directly to D.I / P.A?

What's the real difference using the output L(mono) only? Without using both L & R?

My ideia was to use the xlr balanced L (mono) with a p10 (stereo/balanced). Just a cable.
And not a Y cable ( 2 xlr/balanced female + 1 p10 stereo)

For a live situation, signal directly axe to a P.A.

Ps: I play bass

Is there any problem with that? Signal loss? Quality or something?
Or I really need to use a Y cable to use live directly to D.I / P.A?
It's fine.. I do that with bass too.. .mono out. LEFT OUT1 XLR to PA, LEFT OUT2 to amp.

and BTW - your use of a "Y" above is incorrect and going the opposite direction that the signal flow in a Y was intended. A "Y" cable is NOT a 2-ch mixer, as in TWO sources going to a single, merged end point. Used like this is NOT good. Can damage equipment outputs.

A "Y" cable is a signal SPLITTER - as in going from a single source and providing identical signal at TWO end points.

wondering why you thought you needed a y cable? just to make sure both outputs were physically being used?

as stated above, that's not necessary. audio is available at all 4 jacks of Output1 whether you plug something in or not. if you're running a mono mode, you have 4 copies of the same signal anyway, so just use whatever output jack is best for you.

Back
Top Bottom