Question about Cab IR potential for AG processing

Radley

Experienced
Dear experienced AFXers:

Is it feasable that an Acoustic guitar IR (ie: Fishman Aura, etc) could be loaded into the AFX Cab block and used to make a piezo-acoustic guitar sound more like a real miked acoustic? If so, this could make the AFX a prime contender for my live AG processing as well, which would be extremely cool! :p

~Rad~

Very possible... but only if you share the results :lol:

While you can't extract the data itself from the Aura/Mama Bear (etc) or use the downloadable Aura images files straight into the Axe, what you can do is create an IR by running a tone sweep through the device, recording the result and using tools like those from Voxengo to create the IR.

I only ever did a few of these, and a bit beyond what I can explain here. It is a little bit fiddly to do, especially for the first time but it's certainly do-able, and anything that gives you the same tonal result with less gear is always worthwhile!

Chris

If any kind soul has some acoustic guitar IRs they are willing to share (compatible with the AFX Cab block), would you please contact me via PM? The possibilities here are exciting :shock: I don't care what's the source, as long as they sound like a nice acoustic.

Thanks,
~Rad~

Back
Top Bottom