queries and advice from axe fx 2xl owner

Hi guys, sorry if these queries have been asked before but I have an axe fx 2xl
and have been thinking of getting an FX8 to use with my Two Rock sensor.
I have a few queries that I just need to resolve in my head before I make the purchase.

First off: I realise that presets on the axe fx 2 can not be copied in anyway onto the FX8
but could you for example note every parameter and effect settings in
a particular axe fx preset you love, and then copy these exactly over to the fx8.. Would they be
the same.. Granted this only applies to actual 'effects' and not amps, cabs or for that matter anything
with Synth effects.
I guess my question is can I copy the effect settings from the axe fx over to the fx8 and would they work
in the same way.

2) I'm wondering also if the fx8 relay switching will operate the channel and expansion switch in my Two Rock
I don't really understand how this will work. Currently the switching is operated from a dual two rock footswitch
connected to a single output socket on the rear of the amp via a single TRS cable. So would I simply connect
the cable from a single fx8 relay output or will I need to use both fx8 relay outs and use a Y splitter back to the
amp.

I don't have an Axe, but I think the processors in the FX8 are a bit more limited in comparison aren't they? If your effects patches are huge you'll hit a DSP wall rather quickly. Maybe someone with both will chime in.. but I have found the FX8 rather limited in the CPU department. It sounds really really good though. (I'm coming from an hd500x which had no trouble cramming 8 effects together... but those effects sounded very one dimensional compared to the FX8)

I don't have an Axe, but I think the processors in the FX8 are a bit more limited in comparison aren't they? If your effects patches are huge you'll hit a DSP wall rather quickly. Maybe someone with both will chime in.. but I have found the FX8 rather limited in the CPU department. It sounds really really good though. (I'm coming from an hd500x which had no trouble cramming 8 effects together... but those effects sounded very one dimensional compared to the FX8)

Thanks yes I can see what your saying...with this in my mind I reckon that the transfer from axe fx presets to fx 8 will need tweaking in so much as for example reverb use in normal res as oppose to high and maybe only using a single drive block or whatever... Fundamentally though would you still be able to achieve that basic overall sound by following or copying the parameters/ settings applied to any given effect block and transfer those settings over to the fx8...

Back
Top Bottom