Queensryche Patches

Ok...The syx files wont open. I tried to open them via Axe Edit.
I thought that my new Axe Fx XL+ would open any older files....am I wrong?
Can anyone enlighten me on how to open these files?

thanks

Attachments

• Mark's Queensryche Clean.syx
    2 KB · Views: 48
  • Mark's Uber Rhythm.syx
    2 KB · Views: 39
  • Mark's Uber Solo.syx
    2 KB · Views: 42
For Ultra/standard files you would need a "legacy" version of Axe edit. IIRC it can still be found on the FAS support page. Download that and install it separately from the current Axe edit version (use a different workspace).

@ M@ Any tips/tricks/pointers on his tones you recall and are able to share? :encouragement:

For Ultra/standard files you would need a "legacy" version of Axe edit. IIRC it can still be found on the FAS support page. Download that and install it separately from the current Axe edit version (use a different workspace):

I am on a Mac, I am assuming I need to install the legacy version on a different computer or a different user on the same computer?

@ M@ Any tips/tricks/pointers on his tones you recall and are able to share? :encouragement:

I did not want to intrude and ask shamelessly, but since winger did it for me I second the request :encouragement:

Sorry winger, not throwing you under the tour bus :)

Last edited:
For Ultra/standard files you would need a "legacy" version of Axe edit. IIRC it can still be found on the FAS support page.

Haven't found any legacy version so far. I only see firmware version 11 for the Axe Fx. I do not see any for the Axe Edit. :(

Does anyone have a direct link? I also started a tech support post, maybe they will chime in...

Just a stupid question...

What if I upload these patches to the Axe Exchange then download them again. Would that work?

Indeed, the legacy version is no longer on the support page. However, you can find it here:
axefx.fr

I don't use Mac myself. If it's anything like a windows pc, you don't need separate user accounts to install.
Just create a second workspace folder in Axe edit's folder structure and give that a different name.
For example: Axe edit/workspace and Axe edit/workspace_legacy
Or even better, install it in a different Axe edit folder all together.

Coverting patches 1 on 1 is imho little to no use. So many changes have been made in FW. It's nice though to see how certain tones were made to get a starting point. (By that I mean routing etc.)

The Axe exchange up/download thing won't convert it to a different FW version.
The patch report prog might work, if it's able to read Ultra patches. I don't know since I
haven't used it. Even if it does, the settings probably won't translate well to current FW.

In regards to QR tones in general.. Which era are you going for?
Pre Mindcrime it was all Marshall, after that Soldano and a whole bunch of other stuff.
The JCM800/HBE come close easily imho.

In regards to QR tones in general.. Which era are you going for?
Pre Mindcrime it was all Marshall, after that Soldano and a whole bunch of other stuff.
The JCM800/HBE come close easily imho.

I am using Jet City Woman as a comparison on clean and od tones

The patch report prog might work, if it's able to read Ultra patches. I don't know since I
haven't used it. Even if it does, the settings probably won't translate well to current FW.

Thats what I was trying to figure out....Explains why most of the patches I found online won't import...:(

I have Parallels installed on my Macbook and downloaded the patch report and printed it....Yeahaw buddy this is going to be fun...alot of values to tweek. It does show the signal path of each effect block though.

Last edited:

Maybe someone could create a patch convertor for all the firmware version changes. I know it won't be exact, but at least you would have the basic building blocks to work with....hint, hint, Cliff

Admin M@ said this in another post I found...

I just discovered you don't even need to install 2 copies of Axe Edit. You can fire up Axe-Edit, set its MIDI IN/OUT to "NONE" set the config to ULTRA, open or import saved Ultra/Std. files, then run another instance actively connected to the Axe-Fx II at the same time. In fact, you can also open ultra presets on the Axe-Edit version connected to the II, which seems to place and connect the blocks-- but all knobs/params are "zeroed". I wouldn't really recommend the latter though, until Cliff or Daimen could comment on what's going on inside when this happens.

Even if you could "convert" them, the data would be useless. Too much has changed.

Back
Top Bottom