Queensryche “Operation Mindcrime” Preset and Medley

Sounds killer can’t wait to check out the preset, Mindcraime is still one of my favorites as well.

This was I believe the Empire era racks from an old GW feature.

1-E0-EE1-CD-B0-A5-47-F4-A687-58339-F28-FAA0.jpg
Thanks! That looks cool! Do you think you have this in a higher resolution?

Can someone tell me the correct harmonizer/pitch block settings for the melody parts of "revolution calling"? I never used the pitch block for harmonized melody parts. The picture shows what I came up with, but I don't know if it's right. At least those melody parts seem to be in A aeolian, right?Revolution.png

Found a better resolution.

View attachment 75095
This is fantastic. Thank you so much for posting this; I love this kind of stuff. Very cool to see the Solo88 in there. I used to have a tone of GPTPM issues. Foolishly I got rid of them at some point.

I love all Queensryche albums up to Promised Land, but the sound of Operation: Mindcrime just kills me. I read somewhere (I think it was that book about progressive metal...) that the mix was initially rejected by the record company due to the harsh sound. I love the sound of the vocals, but I hate the snare, and to me the guitars are way too overdriven. As an extreme juxtaposition, Rage for Order is maybe the best sounding rock album, IMHO.

Hi
@ESPer thanks for the upload of the hi res interview,
my only problem now is translating all that gear into something that could be used to create a similar patch.
honestly I think I'm back to square 1 as the FXIII patch conversion to FM3 didn't come out 100% ,
thanks to @zappafranco for the screen shot of the FXIII patch as the FM3 didn't translate it well,
I'll have to have another look at fractool to re construct and make more sense
One problem is I don't know what the amps in the patch are as it dual amp set up

cheers guys
G \../

Hi
@ESPer thanks for the upload of the hi res interview,
my only problem now is translating all that gear into something that could be used to create a similar patch.
honestly I think I'm back to square 1 as the FXIII patch conversion to FM3 didn't come out 100% ,
thanks to @zappafranco for the screen shot of the FXIII patch as the FM3 didn't translate it well,
I'll have to have another look at fractool to re construct and make more sense
One problem is I don't know what the amps in the patch are as it dual amp set up

cheers guys
G \../
Just to wanted to make clear that the screenshot is from a FX3 Friedmann Preset, not FM3. @Heinzi When you are playing your Friedmann Preset, it sounds amazing, but on my guitar it doesn't sound right. But I think there are so many great Friedmann Presets, that anybody should find something which fits the sound of for example Revolution Calling. It still would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction about the Pitch Block Settings which are needed to play the two voiced harmony melody parts for Revolution Calling with only one guitar.

It would be great to seen this one converted for FM3. I have tried, but it doesn't sound the same.

Last edited:
It would be great to seen this one converted for FM3. I have tried, but it doesn't sound the same.

It won't due to all the firmware developments since the OP posted it.
Either someone else updates it or you'll have to do it yourself

Back
Top Bottom