Queensrÿche - I Don't Believe In Love FULL COVER w/vocals [VIDEO]

I've got a Seymour Duncan Custom in the bridge btw
Yes!! That's my favourite pickup...

I checked the old preset link but I dont have axe xl. what cab are u using?
I've used cab F149 - 4x12 Mar-Cb V30-Ch Mix (OH), with the mic set on null!

Dear Mark I/II users:
This IR belongs to the additional factory slots of the XL, in Mark I/II units they're backed in the first slots of user cabs (this particular IR is U017), if you overwrote this slots you can find this cabs in the firmware zip file inside "UltraRes Samples" folder:

http://archive.axefx.fr/AxeFX II Firmwares/axefx2_Quantum_1p00.zip

Rock on!

Last edited:
Awesome tones and performance. Exciting stuff, very enjoyable.
Thanks Rocco! Cudos to your singer as well!

thanks guys! Yeah I'd kill to have a time machine and go back to those years, I wasn't even born in 1988:pensive:... I listen to a lot of current bands don't get me wrong, but there was just something different about music in general back then, even things like MTV have completely gone downhill nowadays, it's kinda sad
I agree completely. There was definitely some "magic" happening with rock guitar from the late 70's through early 90's. Lot's of innovation and great tone and feel. Maybe I'm a little stuck in the past but playing songs from that era is definitely my favorite thing to do. It's great that you are continuing to record these videos and keep this music alive. Keep it up!

I am almost speechless. Beyond fantastic. This is one of my favorite songs & artists, yet I wholly agree with guitarscientist in thinking I might like this better than the original, from your stylistic elaborations in the guitar solo to Vale's soaring vocal in the finale.

P.S. - HANG ON TO VALE WITH A DEATHGRIP! :)

Unreal man.Nailed it. Queensryche was amazing. DeGarmo is a genius. Sometimes lose site of how amazing these musicians were in that period. Amazing live too. Remember seeing them during the Rage for Order tour.

Hey guys!

Here’s our take on our favorite track off Operation Mindcrime by Queensrÿche, such an amazing album!

This started out as a quick mix test, Vale then heard the track and decided to lay the vocals on top!
I recorded all the guitars and bass with the AxeFx as usual, you’re hearing the same patch I shared in this thread http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...h-patch-til-the-livin’-end-solo-video.110651/ , without the pitch and delay blocks, just a tiny bit of reverb.
I also programmed drums and handled the overall mixing/mastering, check it out! :)

Incredible !!!

I was using the "like" option throughout the thread as I was watching the video and listening to the quality and then I realized it was a thread from a few years ago so I am grateful that someone had brought it back to life since this was an excellent piece of work!!!

It makes me want to track the patch down and use it :)

Back
Top Bottom