Quantum v1.02 amps and effects Youtube demos - Les Paul & Strat

Thanks for the great demo. I look forward to trying these presets to learn from.
No problems. It's great fun and I'm glad you find the presets useful. They're just a starting block so tweak to suit and don't stop experimenting.

Great demo... one run with humbucks... one with a strat type, sharing presets. no "over-wanking"
excellent. thumbs up
FAS Hot Rod and Plexi sounds brutally good

And I bet some vintage purists shat their pants when you said "bludo... Ehh. Ooojaaay..... Dumblish.... ahh... just a hot rodded Fender really" ;)

Rock n Roll...

Haha. Thanks! I just call them as I see them. I'm not fussed about airs and graces, really. Rock 'n' roll! :D
Great demos and thanks for the patches! Apprentice? I'd say Axe Master.
Thanks. Just tenacious, that's all. Glad you liked the demos. More to come.
fantastic sound and playing ;)
Thanks!
Thanks, Burgs! Nice run down of the new amps & effects.
No probs, Scotty. Thanks for watching. Hopefully you can have some fun with those starting block presets.
Burgs, I love your Demos. I follow you on facebook as well, you do great demos, and you make it look easy.Keep it up.
Thanks, Scott. You flatter me!
Burgs, Wow! Thanks for the time putting this together.
Would you mind sharing your ball park delay settings?
Thanks again!
Hey Mark. The Memory Man is config'd for stereo, about 25% mix and 120bpm repeat rate. Nothing special. Try the presets, they're as per the vids. Cheers. :)
Absolutely. Straight through demo, no script, perfect sound, good video editing (often with some fun effects)... Really great.

So glad you were able to get an Axe FX, Brett. Looking forward to your eventual run through of the AX8.
Thanks! Yeah, the AX8 is on its way, I believe. Can't wait for that one. I'll be posting demos almost immediately following its arrival.
Always thoroughly enjoy your demos on the Axe Burgs.. these are particularly nice. Love that Marshall/Fane pairing.. the Fenders all sound fantastic as well- that new silver face Twin pairs really well w/ the Les Paul. Sounds like one I used to own actually.
Looks like you're on the mend from the flu business as well.. cheers.
Thank you. Yes, feeling better, finally, thanks for thinking of me. The Fane/Marshall thing was a happy accident after reading a Mick Jones interview. I understand his preference now; sounds great to me.
Great sound and playing, a true "demo" of the equipment and software. Awesome work.
Cheers, Rick. Glad you find them enjoyable.
Sick vids sir! Watched them straight after spending hours with the new FW, and didnt feel like I was wasting my life away lol.

Loving the Smitty Custom! Would really like to play one of those beauties.

Good job man!
Thanks! Glad you're digging them. Yeah, the Smitty's kill. Great, great builder. I have four of them and wouldn't ever sell one by choice. Cheers.

Nice! I need to install all noiseless on my guitars. That's one of the problems with a less than ideal studio environment.

Looking forward to Kinman's new website, too.

Then we must get you some. They're not even on the market yet. Next month, I believe.

Your video is great! Always was a Fender amp lover myself. Thanks for the presets!
Thanks! Yeah, I love the Fender cleans too. Always a great base for pedals and zingy tones. Enjoy the presets. Tweak to taste. :)
Nice! I need to install all noiseless on my guitars. That's one of the problems with a less than ideal studio environment.

Looking forward to Kinman's new website, too.

Yep, they're great pickups. I've demoed a few of them on my channel and am using them pretty much exclusively on stage because they sound great and they're so quiet. His website is still a work in progress. I think he needs some pro help with that, actually (don't tell him I said that!).

Hey Burgs! I have always thought your gear reviews are some of the best out there!
Thanks for the reviews and presets!

Great demo yet again. Thoroughly enjoy listening to what you come up with tonewise every single time.

Great stuff, Burgs. Always inspiring. Thank you for sharing the presets.

And those strat pickups! Wow!

Do you know if a set of those would work 'noiseless' in a Suhr fitted with their SSC system? I think it's something to do with the middle pickup being reverse wound but I'm not certain...

If I hadn't ever heard of the AxeFXII and just saw these videos I'd be crapping my pants. Some really, really killer presets and tones there!

Hey Burgs! I have always thought your gear reviews are some of the best out there!
Thanks for the reviews and presets!

Thanks, Scott. I'm very flattered. I'm only as good as the gear inspires me to be, though - and the FAS gear is the best.

Great demo yet again. Thoroughly enjoy listening to what you come up with tonewise every single time.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Great stuff, Burgs. Always inspiring. Thank you for sharing the presets.

And those strat pickups! Wow!

Do you know if a set of those would work 'noiseless' in a Suhr fitted with their SSC system? I think it's something to do with the middle pickup being reverse wound but I'm not certain...

Thanks, Richard. The Strat pickups are slightly overwound A2's with flat-head poles. They're not noiseless but are pretty quiet nonetheless. I love them and they've been in that guitar for a couple of years now, probably never to be removed. More info at Mick's site - http://www.brierleyguitarpickups.com.au/stratocaster.htm
If I hadn't ever heard of the AxeFXII and just saw these videos I'd be crapping my pants. Some really, really killer presets and tones there!

Ha! There's an endorsement. Thanks! :)
GREAT videos!! I'm sold….oh wait, I was already! Reinforced!!

Thanks. Rock on!

The clips sound great, and thanks for posting the patches! I also love the sound of those Kinmans. I immediately went to the website looking for them, but now I see your post that they aren't out yet. I'll have to keep an eye on the site.

What Fane cabinet did you use? I have most of the ir collections that have been released, so I'm sure I have something somewhere. Lots to look through. Or was that something you made?

Thanks again for the post. Much appreciated.

Sure appreciate the videos and thanks so much for the presets.

No probs. I hope you find them useful. :)
The clips sound great, and thanks for posting the patches! I also love the sound of those Kinmans. I immediately went to the website looking for them, but now I see your post that they aren't out yet. I'll have to keep an eye on the site.

What Fane cabinet did you use? I have most of the ir collections that have been released, so I'm sure I have something somewhere. Lots to look through. Or was that something you made?

Thanks again for the post. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I'll have to give Chris a nudge re the pickups, you're not the first to say how cool they sound.

The Fane cab is listed in my presets as OH_412_MAR-CB_FN-42_Studio-Vint so I'm guessing it's an OwnHammer Marshall quad loaded with Fanes. I have no idea what the "Studio-Vint" component of the name refers to. Sounds good, though. :)

No probs. I hope you find them useful. :)

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I'll have to give Chris a nudge re the pickups, you're not the first to say how cool they sound.

The Fane cab is listed in my presets as OH_412_MAR-CB_FN-42_Studio-Vint so I'm guessing it's an OwnHammer Marshall quad loaded with Fanes. I have no idea what the "Studio-Vint" component of the name refers to. Sounds good, though. :)

Ah. That cab is in the download folder. I always overlook that. I must pay more attention to that folder. Thanks!

Chris Kinman IMHO is one of the true innovators in the line of pickups right now. Just seems like everyone has been doing the "PaF" sound for the last half century, but he's done some things with single coils and noise that I haven't seen anyone even get close to. I spent about 3 years searching and buying P90's that I could use in my house (horrible interference) and I bought a set of his and they are not only noiseless they sound better than damn near everything else out there. Most noiseless pickups are really humbuckers, I don't know what kind of voodoo or black magic he's got going on, but they are not like anything else out there.

Another guy that's doing some amazing stuff is Scott Lawing of Zexcoils. Just clever approaches to fixing problems that work.

I like truly innovative people....probably why I'm so drawn to the FAS stuff.

Chris Kinman IMHO is one of the true innovators in the line of pickups right now. Just seems like everyone has been doing the "PaF" sound for the last half century, but he's done some things with single coils and noise that I haven't seen anyone even get close to. I spent about 3 years searching and buying P90's that I could use in my house (horrible interference) and I bought a set of his and they are not only noiseless they sound better than damn near everything else out there. Most noiseless pickups are really humbuckers, I don't know what kind of voodoo or black magic he's got going on, but they are not like anything else out there.

Another guy that's doing some amazing stuff is Scott Lawing of Zexcoils. Just clever approaches to fixing problems that work.

I like truly innovative people....probably why I'm so drawn to the FAS stuff.

Hear! Hear! I'm using Chris's pickups in Strats, Jazzmasters and now my Les Paul. Love 'em. He's a good guy too. He calls his technology "Zero-Hum". And that it is.

Absolutely! Good shielding is still useful for eliminating electrostatic noise, but Kinmans are noiseless pickups that really deliver the goods.

I do need to try the Zexcoils. But, I typically go with humbuckers that can be split.

Back
Top Bottom