• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Quantum Recto1 Red Mdrn + Suhr V30

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard

Yesterday was pretty epic for all of us! Here's my highlight reel. A nice Recto sound going through that Suhr cab with a proper English V30 speaker. Nothing else in the preset.

The crazy thing here is that with the Suhr cabs I feel like I have:

-A much tighter low end = I can have more bass in the amp block = Recto sounds fuller all the time and not only when palm muting

-More gain = I can lower the gain quite a bit on the amp when compared to my usual settings and still have a really agressive sound like I have here

-More natural presence = I don't feel the need to compensate to make my guitar bright enough. Instead I can turn down the presence and what I'm left with is very natural and extremely cutting in a mix.

And that's IMO the biggest strength of the ML Suhr Cabs: It almost forces your guitar to sit in a mix when your low end is tight, you lower your gain and you have natural sounding presence. I'll create a comparison of this at some point.

Remember to HAVE FUN PLAYING!

You know, i just read about the Quantum update and all and i was STOKED, these sound really good. What i hate is that i already spent time recording this whole new DEMO song to my band DAY before the update came.
It's only a demo, so i don't want to record it ALL again, but it would've been a blast that way haha... Oh well. Maby i'll still post the song here, even if it's OLD and ONLY a FW 20b :D :D

Top Bottom