Quantum or Ares?

JoeCool

My rack came bundled with Quantum 9.0, is there a need to upgrade to Ares or is this for the AXE III? Cause i did perform the upgrade to Ares and it installed....said switch off wait 5 secs, so...is that ok?

Last edited:
My rack came bundled with Quantum 9.0, is there a need to upgrade to Ares or is this for the AXE III? Cause i did perform the upgrade to Ares and it installed....said switch off wait 5 secs, so...is that ok?

The most recent firmware update for the Axe-Fx II came with some of the Ares enhancement. Sounds like you’re starting from scratch, somI would recommend updating to the latest firmware. That’s what I run on my II, sounds great.

You can go from any fw revision to any other without problem. The only question is whether it's going ti screw up your presets. Ares sounds good, but frankly, so did Quantum. When I went to Ares, it totally destroyed all my presets (years of tweaking), but I stuck with it and fixed every one of them because I thought being on Ares would be a universally good thing. In hindsight, I should have stayed on Quantum but by now I've invested too much in Ares (not because Ares sounds better, to me it's all the same).

But since you're starting from scratch, you might as well go with Ares.

yes Dpoirier totally agree. just like any upgrade, there's gonna be losses, same with Mac updates(lost my Radio in iTunes) that sucked! Your intentions are good but they sometimes backfire. Tread carefully when updating. Ive been on Quantum 9.0 since I bought my AXEFXXL+ back in 2014, i never updated till yesterday (hello Ares)

Ares is great. I don’t know if there’s any room left for another Ares update but if there were, it’d be HUGE therapy for me. I gig for a living so all my gigs are gone — I have all this time to update my axe-fx but no firmware to do it with :(

OIC, luckily i have a day job....someone once said "It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll" that's why i chose music as a hobby, an expensive one at that!

Ares has some improvements over Quantum. You might as well start with the latest firmware. It’s unlikely that you will need to upgrade it.

Back
Top Bottom