Quantum HBE - Black Sabbath 'Die Young' Cover with Vocals

RushOvGY

Inspired
What started off one evening as me showing off the XL to a friend, turned into a full cover song! As you can see we picked a really christmassy number.

This is the first track I've ever posted on here so yeah, be nice lol. I am clueless at production but it was a pleasure to record thanks to the Axe Fx II, although I feel I murdered it while mixing. Regardless, it's heavy, its metal and who cares?!

Gibson Les Paul w/burstbuckers > Friedman HBE with tone-match block and some post EQ.

Loved it!
Yeah, the mix is a bit all over the place and all that, but....
That's what's so great about it. You didn't go for a perfect copy of the original and i can almost hear how much you enjoyed playing and singing this tune. (Altough you do play everything really well and true to the original)
Sure, i enjoy hearing perfect replicas of famous songs and be in awe how good some people are at nailing tones and playing perfect with a perfect mix.
But I enjoy these kind of clips much more! Nice... :)

Thank you guys so much for the kind words and a merry christmas to you all, hope you all had a good few days and didn't make yourselves too ill by overeating.

Yeah it was very fun to play and record, a true labour of love! It was also my friend's first ever go at recording vocals, which I am very proud of him for. It started off where he just wasn't grasping it, then, bam! He was nailin it. Obviously not quite in Dio's range, that guy quite frankly wasn't of this world!

And I also agree that new takes on classic songs are more fun to listen to, not putting the guys who do perfect replicas down either, they are a talented bunch!

The tedious part of this recording was getting a microkorg sounding more like an organ with a phaser on :p

What started off one evening as me showing off the XL to a friend, turned into a full cover song! As you can see we picked a really christmassy number.

This is the first track I've ever posted on here so yeah, be nice lol. I am clueless at production but it was a pleasure to record thanks to the Axe Fx II, although I feel I murdered it while mixing. Regardless, it's heavy, its metal and who cares?!

Gibson Les Paul w/burstbuckers > Friedman HBE with tone-match block and some post EQ.

Well done mate. I have played this song in a band before and it is a lot more tricky than you would think, especially the arrangement.

You rock!!
7f4adcf400c3a37c629f01f56f9617d6.jpg

Well done mate. I have played this song in a band before and it is a lot more tricky than you would think, especially the arrangement.

Thanks folks for all the kind words :)

I think the trickiest part for me was the insane vibrato on the bends, which i just couldn't/cant get down without it sounding nasty haha

Yeah definitely mate! Its been a while since I have had both the Axe and PC in one room, I do have an XL though

Back
Top Bottom