Quantum + Friedman HBE + Misha Mix 08 USA + Oceansize

IamLukas

Hey guys,
I finally got the time to play around with the amazing Quantum Firmware.
I've chosen the friedman hbe with the Misha Mix 08 Usa Cab.
Only needed a tiny little post eq on the gits to boost some mids and cut out the chunk, I didn't need, as the source tone sounded just amazing! Great job Fractal and ML!
Song is "Catalyst" from "Oceansize".
What do you think?

Cheers,
Lukas

Dude I'm amazed at how professional all these recordings are these days! Good job! I remember how much tweaking one had to do back in the day to get these results but I feel like it must be getting easier (no offence to you, I know you're good :) ) since it's like every clip that I hear gives me the stink face. ML out.

Dude I'm amazed at how professional all these recordings are these days! Good job! I remember how much tweaking one had to do back in the day to get these results but I feel like it must be getting easier (no offence to you, I know you're good :) ) since it's like every clip that I hear gives me the stink face. ML out.

Exactly my thoughts!
Also I always had problems finding the sweet spot for my rhythmgroup, so I took some time for room treatment and all I can say atm is, it's been the best decision for me. I would have never thought, it can make such a huge improvement on how I hear things and what I am able to do with all these frerquencies :).
All I need now is a good cab, an amp and I'm ready to go. Writing and making music has never made more fun than now, thanks to you guys!

I had to listen to this album today.
One Day All This Could Be Yours is an all time favourite song for me. That gradual build from a dreamy state to explosive energy.
Awesome songcraft.

Grate mix m8, the guitars sound really nice and full, and also the bass is nicely cutting through the mix! Would you mind sharing how you achieved this heavy bass sound? :p
greetings
Thanks dude!
Actually it's Trillian, a virtual Bass :D
I've been cutting out the lows with a high pass filter, some cut at 4 khz and tried boosting around the kickdrum to get a glued sound. Also there's some side chain from the bass guitar to the kickdrum, and I've used some waves plugins to get a nice attack for the bass guitar. I've applied everything, that sounded good to my ears to be honest. There is no exact rules to mixing things, so I really don't know where to start.
It's a mix of compressing, using tape simulation and eq'ing.
If you want to know some specific things, feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom