Quantum Class-A 30W TB - OwnHammer VX30 212

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Here's a raw guitar clip of the Quantum Class-A 30W TB (all three sounds) going through the VX30 212 in the new OwnHammer Justin York Collection - Volume I impulse response library. I will chime in and say that I am loving the Quantum firmware, all of the amps I've had time to try so far have sounded great, even ones that I was hopeful but underwhelmed with in previous firmwares. Cliff really knocked this out of the park! Absolutely love the Vox and Matchless amps with the new OH AC30 IR's, to me they go together like peas and carrots. Sounds pretty juicy to me, what do you guys think?

Very nice!

Really dig the last clip. Was that the Matchless? and how did you have the gain setup?

(IR pack purchased and downloaded :) )

Last edited:
Very nice!

Really dig the last clip. Was that the Matchless? and how did you have the gain setup?

(IR pack purchased and downloaded :) )

Thank you for the kind words! The last clip is actually the AC30 TB with the master on 10, input drive around 3, and a Drive Block using the Rat with the tone rolled off a tad. I think the IR I used for that was the VX 212 L 57C3-121. I love how you can hear the bite of the single coil pickups but it doesn't sound harsh. You can REALLY hear the personality of individual guitars with this library.

I'd love to hear how these work out for you.

Thank you for the kind words! The last clip is actually the AC30 TB with the master on 10, input drive around 3, and a Drive Block using the Rat with the tone rolled off a tad. I think the IR I used for that was the VX 212 L 57C3-121. I love how you can hear the bite of the single coil pickups but it doesn't sound harsh. You can REALLY hear the personality of individual guitars with this library.

wow - sounds absolut cool - no Need for a Marshallamp, if you got such a fat Voxsound? :mrgreen

I think, this IR´s (especially the Vox - there are not many good Vox-IR´s to have) are a "Must - have"!

Thanks for the followup.

Yeah the distortion is so organic. I love tones like that. It makes it so inspiring to play.

Back
Top Bottom