Quantum 7.00: I found a PERFECT amp + cab pairing!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Before listening to this clip you need to know that the amp sim is "Brit Silver" with default settings (everything at noon running Quantum 7) and the IR used for this is ML Brit PR75 SM57-R121 01 from Cab Pack 20. I chose my brightest guitar (Fender Stratocaster) and my darkest guitar (PRS CE24) through the same exact preset to show you how much ground it covers no matter what guitar you plug into it.

I don't use the word "perfect" lightly. If you have Cab Pack 20, you need to try this out. The amount of gain is PERFECT. On a Strat you can play Hendrix, on a Les Paul is where the magic happens. You get the Marshall "kerrang" and that nasally Gibson character definitely cuts through. On a metal axe you can even play metal. The response you get from the preset is as neutral as it gets with that Pre-Rola smooth high end that everyone loves. It's super responsive to how you play. On a Les Paul I felt like I could even do the Slash thing if I picked a certain way.

So if you ever feel lost when you're tweaking this may be a good super quick backup you might want to go back to. Do yourself a favor and try it out. This might come across as a weird thread but I'm very surprised by this amp sim since I usually just jump over it for not being "my thing". :)

DAMN Mikko, you are onto something here, and thanks for reminding me that your CP 20 is the shit, and I had neglected it when I upgraded to my new XL+...no longer!

The silver jubilee is the only piece of gear (as well as a Tom Anderson drop dop) that I ever regret selling. It was The Amp. The only problem with the real amp is that if you set it to sound good on the lead channel, the clean channel sucks and viceversa. The axe lets you have good settings for both channels at he flip of a switch!

Thank you guys for all the nice words and support. :) I must say I haven't switched presets in a couple of days. This is all I've been using. I mean every single guitar I have sound good with just these default settings. Obviously if I start tracking something super serious I might raise the treble for a humbucker guitar just a little but everything it just right and "the feel" is there. Everything is in balance. :)

Damn......nice find! This combo does sound good. Tried it here with what I've been doing lately with Marshalls and Marshall-type amps, which is to run two Brit Silvers(for example) in stereo, and changing one to 6L6 tubes. Throw in a stereo set of that pr75 ir and delay one side by a tic and BAM!!! Sounds GINORMOUS!!!

Damn......nice find! This combo does sound good. Tried it here with what I've been doing lately with Marshalls and Marshall-type amps, which is to run two Brit Silvers(for example) in stereo, and changing one to 6L6 tubes. Throw in a stereo set of that pr75 ir and delay one side by a tic and BAM!!! Sounds GINORMOUS!!!
Niiiice! So glad to hear that it also works for other people. :) If you have the chance to record a short snippet I'd love to hear it.

Jesus Mikko, take my money. Just take it. I was trying not to get CP20 after getting Zilla, and Brit II but I guess resistance is futile.
Cheers

Here's a short snippet of crappy noodling...lol.

well, I've tried that cab with the AFD 1 model...me likey :)

Is it just me or do both of these examples have that certain "SLASH" character to them? I wasn't even going for that with the original patch but it sure seems that way now. :) Rocco you always rock! Randy, that certainly wasn't just crappy noodling! :)

I still haven't gotten beyond the initial Amp/Cab pairing above ..., because IMHO it's just THAT good ... !

But it would seem that the Cab/Mic combination is even more versatile than anyone originally thought ?

Now I'm going to try it w/ the BE/HBE when I get home tonight. I've been looking for an "optimum" Cab pairing for that amp for quite a while now ( and my tastes always seem to be changing, because what I like one day is kinda 'meh' the next ) .... But I'm in love the Amp because it's versatile enough to get both a bit of a vintage vibe as well as a modern vibe depending on how you drive it !

Hey Mikko.......Is factory cab F055 also from cab pack 20? If so, which ir is it?
Just curious, as I am finding that I really like the ir from this thread in a stereo cab with the other ir being the F055. Would like to blend them with cablab.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom