Quantum 3.00 melodic prog rock song! Recto's and OH DZL-FL from the HHC

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Friends!
I wrote a song to demonstrate the new Quantum 3.00 beta firmware and the front loaded Ownhammer Diezel V30 4x12 cab that will be featured in the upcoming 'Heavy Hitters Collection' pack.

So far I'm really digging Q3.00b and I'm sure you guys will love it too!
The Recto's have always been my favorite amps for modern rock/metal tones and I'm really impressed with the tones I'm getting here.
I used my LTD KH-602 with EMG's.
It's a pretty tight sounding guitar so that compliments the looseness of the Recto models very well I think.
The looseness and hugeness of the Recto's can't be beat by any amp! :)

That DZL is also something special as you can hear.
It has a big 'roaring' midrange to it that just works great for big rock or metal tones.

'nuff said, hope you enjoy this track!

Last edited:
Tasty, VERY tasty! :) Sounding REALLY good!

Question please, is Q3 something that will affect all types of amps, so not just the fat distortion Diezel type amps?

Not certain what sort of mind altering substances your throwing into your frontal lobe but you sure come up with some F'n A riffs....
SUPERB !

Wow sounded fantastic! I really enjoyed the lead tone near the end, very clear, but not overly bright or harsh. Nice thick tones everywhere, but the drums weren't "suffocating" like I hear in a lot of mixes these days, if you know what I mean.

Your stuff always sounds good, GJ... FWIW, am getting a lot of low end in the guitar sound here... is that a Q3 thing or how it's dialed? I am constantly adjusting the low freq cut off in my AFX. What's your take on the low freq response in Q3, different? The same?

Your stuff always sounds good, GJ... FWIW, am getting a lot of low end in the guitar sound here... is that a Q3 thing or how it's dialed? I am constantly adjusting the low freq cut off in my AFX. What's your take on the low freq response in Q3, different? The same?
I didn't notice anything strange...
Maybe post a preset and clip in the beta area so Cliff can take a look?

how much of that tone is Q3 and how much is the OH cabs if you dont mind me askin'?
hmm, that's a tough question to answer, wouldn't know how?
Both play a big part but of course the change to q3.00 from previous firmwares is subtle.
Since there is now a public beta I'd recommend checking it out for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom