Quantum 2.0 coming to the AX8 in 3... 2... soon?

ethomas1013

Fractal Fanatic
I see Quantum 2.0 has been released. For the first time since getting the AX8 and selling my AxeII I am missing the AxeII... Hopefully well see it ported to the AX8 soon!

This is awesome. going to update my Axe FX II right now. and patiently waiting for Quantum 2.0 for my Ax8. thank you Cliff.

The AX8 already sounds great, so this is going to be a lot like the Axe Fx experience... already loving the tones, not sure how they could be better, and bam! New and improved. Playing since 1976, and the continual work that goes into these products (and that they then release it for free to users) is like nothing I have seen anywhere in musical equipment, ever.

The AX8 already sounds great, so this is going to be a lot like the Axe Fx experience... already loving the tones, not sure how they could be better, and bam!

Absolutely. I don't understand how the tones could get any better in the AX8.
With that said , can't wait ...... woohoo !

New AX8 user here, 4 days in and happy. So happy in fact that I will keep it vs making a thousand profit haha!

Bring the 2.0, oh, and Thanks!

Cliff said in another thread late last week that it was almost ready. Today was a holiday so it could still be a few days.

I have never programmed anything other than a computer, so I was wondering, if anyone could tell me about the challenges in porting a firmware like this? I understand that it is two different processors, but in my computer way of thinking that would just mean that I would have to compile the code twice. Is the actual programming language/code different between the two kinds of processors.

I would be interested to learn more.

I have never programmed anything other than a computer, so I was wondering, if anyone could tell me about the challenges in porting a firmware like this? I understand that it is two different processors, but in my computer way of thinking that would just mean that I would have to compile the code twice. Is the actual programming language/code different between the two kinds of processors.

I would be interested to learn more.

They are different target processors, but likely share similar attributes/architecture. You have to compile for a target platform, including all hardware included in that platform. That may be less/more of any given component. The code will be similar, and based on the same previous work, but a custom firmware build will be created for the target hardware.

Last edited:
Well, I am anxiously awaiting that coding process to be over. I updated my Axe II to 2.0 right before I sold it to buy the AX8......I would love to have the new updates in the AX8 soon. I was in the middle of tweaking my AC30 patches with the Axe II and each update seemed to make the AC30 better and better....and from what I understand, the latest also made the Morgan's a little better as well.

Also, the feel seems to get better and better with each update...... as I played around with the AX8 last night, I could feel a slight difference in response....now, it was slight, but still there none the less.

Back
Top Bottom