Quantize on Looper block really works?

What would be nice is that it could understand the punch out and correct.
the only issue I have with looping in general, is I punch out sometimes just a bit off The groove.
Not aware there is a correction for this other then redoing the loop.

What would be nice is that it could understand the punch out and correct.
the only issue I have with looping in general, is I punch out sometimes just a bit off The groove.
Not aware there is a correction for this other then redoing the loop.
You basically just described the Quantize function... Assuming you are playing in time with the set tempo.

But as mentioned, this is really hard to do unless you have the metronome playing so you're aware of where the device thinks the beats are.

Even as I dabble in drumming, it really is the loop punch out time.
I have a good groove going say for 8 bars, but often I punch out early or late making the loop useless the next time around. i know, train my brain. It really is 99% a punch out issue. The loop itself usually is timed ok. Wish I could just fix that punch time on the fly, would save some headaches on a quiet jam night when I‘m filling time waiting for people to setup or show up.
When I think of quantize, I think of it adjusting the timing of the whole groove, not sure thats always the issue. Maybe for some.

what many people miss is that you close the loop on the downbeat of the next measure. it needs to be right when you'd start the new loop. for some reason, it's easy to think you need to stop just before. but you stop exactly on the 1 of the next measure.

what many people miss is that you close the loop on the downbeat of the next measure. it needs to be right when you'd start the new loop. for some reason, it's easy to think you need to stop just before. but you stop exactly on the 1 of the next measure.
That is definitely the secret. And it takes a bit of practice to get used to it.

another doubt, quantize should only have effect if set before recording right? Or does it also works if turn on quantize after recording the looping?

Back
Top Bottom