Quality of everything is getting worse

If anyone wants a great deal on a Land Rover let me know, my girlfriend's has been dead and parked in front of her house for over a year now.

You guys need to get with the times and just understand how much better and more free and liberated you'll feel when you use your 8.4mm thick, 3.8lb laptop compared to that ridiculous dinosaur of a laptop you haul around that's a cumbersome 9.2mm thick and a back breaking 4.4lbs. Might as well be carrying around a boat anchor.

All they had to remove from the previous model was 3 of every connection type possible, and a keyboard you could actually type on, a battery you could change if it got worn out, and the ability to not break from more than a 3 foot drop onto carpet.

I was hoping to build a new pc for gaming and multipurpose use. If you want to run new video games at 4k with 60 fps and a single graphics card, the nvidia rtx 2080 ti is the only option and is $1,500 o_O and reviewers say they are dying left and right.

In the hvac industry I see new trends happen all the time. Figure out a way to do it cheaper and all the mfg's jump on the same idea. Mostly designed by inexperienced people that haven't seen one in real world use (oh.. we didn't test that outside where it rains :eek:). All sorts of new bugs that are eventually fixed then bring in the next group of inexperienced engineers and start the whole process all over again.

Most people used to take pride in what they do..... nowadays they take pride in the amount of profit they can get away with!

rackin frackin porkin !#@$%#^&*#()++))(&#^%#%#$@#!@!!!!!!! dammit!

Most people used to take pride in what they do..... nowadays they take pride in the amount of profit they can get away with!

This this this!!!!!!

And call me old fashioned, but a regular old 1080 runs my Overwatch just fine :)

I was hoping to build a new pc for gaming and multipurpose use. If you want to run new video games at 4k with 60 fps and a single graphics card, the nvidia rtx 2080 ti is the only option and is $1,500 o_O and reviewers say they are dying left and right.

In the hvac industry I see new trends happen all the time. Figure out a way to do it cheaper and all the mfg's jump on the same idea. Mostly designed by inexperienced people that haven't seen one in real world use (oh.. we didn't test that outside where it rains :eek:). All sorts of new bugs that are eventually fixed then bring in the next group of inexperienced engineers and start the whole process all over again.

rackin frackin porkin !#@$%#^&*#()++))(&#^%#%#$@#!@!!!!!!! dammit!

We are on our 3rd newly installed A-coil in 10 years! They keep on springing freon leaks. Luckily, we got a 10 year parts and labor warranty, so hasn’t cost us a dime, but damn! I asked them what was up with this, and one of the guys told us that the new freon is at a much higher pressure than the old, but the new equipment is not made any better to hold it, so......

I'd check ASUS for bang for the buck, their stuff is usually pretty good considering the competition.
As for keyboards, I hate all laptop keyboards!!!
I plug in various das keyboards wherever I use them and I'm happy :
ASUS recently pushed backdoors onto several machines via updates after they got hacked. ShadowHammer.
Makes me reluctant to purchase a product of theirs. I feel like they must have been negligent in some way for this to happen.

When you barely get a decent raise in years, when your bosses are idiots and you know they will screw you over if it means their stock portfolios will raise by 0.5%, or because the HR wants you to jump through some PC hoop of the week, why should you still take pride in your work?

It's probably made even worse because so much stuff gets made in China. And Chinese business ethics seems to be, when given the choice by going the extra mile by delivering good quality work and ensuring long term profits in the billions, or deliver crap goods and make millions today, 99% of them will chose the latter.

Welcome to the perfect shitstorm of modern day capitalism and Chinese entrepreneurialsm.

We are on our 3rd newly installed A-coil in 10 years! They keep on springing freon leaks. Luckily, we got a 10 year parts and labor warranty, so hasn’t cost us a dime, but damn! I asked them what was up with this, and one of the guys told us that the new freon is at a much higher pressure than the old, but the new equipment is not made any better to hold it, so......

Probably a Carrier (largest a/c mfg in the world) and it's more a design issue as most others don't have that particular problem. New refrigerant operates at nearly double the pressures of the old with using basically the same piping. Like I said new inexperienced engineers in action. When they get experienced it's time to replace them with someone else and forget all lessons the old team learned.

When you barely get a decent raise in years, when your bosses are idiots and you know they will screw you over if it means their stock portfolios will raise by 0.5%, or because the HR wants you to jump through some PC hoop of the week, why should you still take pride in your work?

It's probably made even worse because so much stuff gets made in China. And Chinese business ethics seems to be, when given the choice by going the extra mile by delivering good quality work and ensuring long term profits in the billions, or deliver crap goods and make millions today, 99% of them will chose the latter.

Welcome to the perfect shitstorm of modern day capitalism and Chinese entrepreneurialsm.

There's a balance that needs to be kept between perfectionism and making money in a business imo. Much of what you mention has always been going on at some level, but maintaining a good attitude and personal standards are up to us and not a company. No matter what the job or situation, I've always worked as hard and best I could 90% of the time. Keeping a good attitude is a little more difficult as I get older. Grumpy old man syndrome :)

Probably a Carrier (largest a/c mfg in the world) and it's more a design issue as most others don't have that particular problem. New refrigerant operates at nearly double the pressures of the old with using basically the same piping. Like I said new inexperienced engineers in action. When they get experienced it's time to replace them with someone else and forget all lessons the old team learned.
It’s a YORK system...for whatever that’s worth.

When my late 2013 15" MBP dies, I'll shop for a mid 2015 retina one. I see them all the time for sale with very few charge cycles on them.

Hell, I might look for a gently/barely used 2013 again. Mine has an i7, the hi-res matte screen, and I slapped 16GB and a 500GB Samsung SSD in it a while back. At least you could open those up to add stuff to them. It's a little on the heavy side, but it doesn't leave the house much. It's primarily on the desk doing Fractal Edit duty. If I'm on a business trip, I usually have it running Guitar Rig Pro, so all I take with me is a USB instrument cable.

They don't make people like they used to, that's for sure. They far more sensitive, self-absorbed and have far less common sense then they used to.
Not sure that's true... I think it's just much easier to interact with people, or be more informed, so it appears that way.

Most likely the amount of such people has not changed but rather now can see them easier :D

But I mostly don't like people, so what do I know ;)

I just cleaned up and fixed the foot switch on my Boss ME-50 MFX that I purchased for $50 used and have used it for 200+ gigs, hehehe. There's really no big deal to always get the latest greatest, at least with Roland/Boss products. I would think Fractal systems, too.

I’ve been very happy with HP laptops lately. I went to the Microsoft store a couple years ago to buy a Surface Book and walked out with an HP Spectre x360 instead. Since then I’ve bought two more for my mom and son and they’ve all been great.

My x360t has been a real workhorse.

Cue standard British car jokes:

1. You don't need a British car. A British car needs you.

2. Q: Why do the British make warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes refrigerators.
I had a shitty old Triumph in highschool that I loved more than life itself. I used to say: headlights, wipers or power steering -- pick two. I can only make two function at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom