AFIII Quad Tracking & Beyond

Maestro Leon thank you again for this wonderful knowledge you give gratis. You are greatly appreciated on the Forum. Your insight, acumen, and technique are housed in a self-effacing, humble persona which makes us mere mortals appreciate you even more! It is rare these days when someone shares such gifts without expectations. I hope you and your band go as far as you like. I know I will be up front (probably with a cane to support my old ass!) to cheer you on when you play Columbus, Ohio! Cheers Maestro!

So is that two takes per amp hard panned or single takes in stereo? I'm Just curious if what you did is 2 takes per amp for a total of 8 tracks (how i would do it with my current set up) or if there is a trick with the axe3 for making that less tedious. I get my axe3 on Monday so I'm just trying to absorb as much info as possible to hit the ground running.

So is that two takes per amp hard panned or single takes in stereo? I'm Just curious if what you did is 2 takes per amp for a total of 8 tracks (how i would do it with my current set up) or if there is a trick with the axe3 for making that less tedious. I get my axe3 on Monday so I'm just trying to absorb as much info as possible to hit the ground running.

2 takes per amp, each packed left and right.

Very cool Leon!!!

I recently tracked a song using 6 tracks of rhythm guitar tracks. Honestly, I never do this, but i was surprised how huge it sounded in my truck when i did "the car test"!!! I feel like the bass plays a big part of making the guitars sound big as well. I'm more of a bass player too, so i always mix the bass in so that you can easily pick it out in a mix.

Very cool Leon!!!

I recently tracked a song using 6 tracks of rhythm guitar tracks. Honestly, I never do this, but i was surprised how huge it sounded in my truck when i did "the car test"!!! I feel like the bass plays a big part of making the guitars sound big as well. I'm more of a bass player too, so i always mix the bass in so that you can easily pick it out in a mix.

That's awesome. Definitely agree about bass being the unsung hero.

Back
Top Bottom