Wish Quad Panner for Vol Block

Attached here. The phase relationship with the panners is 0, 45, 180 and 225 degrees.

+1,000,000

Would love to have this as a new type of volume block alongside the current four VolPans.

Maybe call it "4PanVol" and give us four of those possible in a preset as well?

Doing it that way would also fulfill a long-standing wish for more VolPan blocks....

Would be extra cool if the 4PanVol included its own LFO, as there are a lot of instances where I am already using both LFOs for other things and would have to give something up to get this ^^^^ awesome thing....
Yellow-submarine-disneyscreencaps.com-880.jpg

I don't understand the request. The example preset has LFO1 assigned to the voice levels in the pitch block. The block diagram is showing a panning algorithm.

Furthermore the input to a volume block is only two channels (L/R), not four.

I don't understand the request. The example preset has LFO1 assigned to the voice levels in the pitch block. The block diagram is showing a panning algorithm.

Furthermore the input to a volume block is only two channels (L/R), not four.
I made the preset you looked at (made from test clips of the Sony unit in the video).

I actually doubt that the block diagram from the manual is accurate (those old Japanese manuals are riddled with inaccuracies). I don't know how many hours I spent just throwing everything and the kitchen sink at this, until I figured out what was actually going on.

The wish (as I read it) is to have a self contained block or mode that has the signal split into 4, with individual pans, and an LFO with 4 taps for the level of the individual voices. So basically what happens in the preset, but not have to waste a resource heavy pitch block + one of the controller LFOs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom