Quad Chorus Question

mr_fender

Axe-Master
Last night I was messing around with the Quad Chorus block a bit and came across something that puzzled me a bit. LFO 4 is a separate LFO that can be added on top of the other three LFO's to create even more complex wave shapes. It has a phase adjustment that ranges from 0 to 180 degrees. Adding LFO 4 does make the total sweep wider, however adjusting the phase did not seem to make any audible difference in the combined sweep. I was using just voice 1 to test, so I had both LFO 1 and LFO 4 set to 1 Hz rate, Sine shape, and 50% depth. Morph was set to 0% so it was just a pure sine wave. I expected when the two sine LFO's are in phase, the depth of the resulting wave would be doubled and when they are out of phase, they would cancel out and the total LFO output would be flat. That does not seem to be the case when adjusting the phase. Wanted to check with @FractalAudio if maybe this is a bug in LFO 4 or if my understanding of its function is incorrect. This is on my XL running Q7.02.

Main Phase sets the phase of LFO 4 between voices with voice 1 always being 0 degrees. For example setting to 20 degrees would make the voice 2-4 shifts 20, 40, 60.

Ah, ok. Relative to LFO1, it's not changing. So I bet using LFO 2 instead of LFO 1, I could see the cancellation I was expecting. Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom