QSC KW 12'S or QSC K12's

I am curious also. The timber construction of the newer KW122 would be significant.

Please let me know if you reveal anything interesting as I am very close to buying a pair of the Kw122's. Cannot do an A/B (or even just an A!) as no one seems to stock them locally.

Cheers

Good question - I think I read somewhere that the birch helped with the lows. Be nice to hear some comments.....

I A,b'd them today. They are both very good. slightly richer sound with the wood. I've ordered a couple of KW122's.I want new out of the box. Great speakers, going to be a big step up from my Mackie's which i also got to compare side by side. A whole different league.
Ray

I A,b'd them today. They are both very good. slightly richer sound with the wood. I've ordered a couple of KW122's.I want new out of the box. Great speakers, going to be a big step up from my Mackie's which i also got to compare side by side. A whole different league.
Ray

nice to know; that's what I would have expected with the wood; glad to hear that it was a big improvement in the right direction!

I'd love to see a comparison between the KW122 & older HPR122i to see if it's worth upgrading being that they're both wood cabs that are roughly the same size. I know the weight is certainly better with the KW but how does the Class D amp vs the Class H play into the equation plus different drivers, crossover etc...

Ok, so I've been reading the forums, and close to the same price are the Yamaha DSR 12s. Any one try these?

Also, is there really going to be a marked difference between a pair of $700-900 high quality speakers such as the K series or DSR series, and some of the really high end speakers such as the TTs, which are about $2500 each!!! ?? I wish there was somewhere in Portland to try out the difference.... I will keep calling around....

Back
Top Bottom