QSC K8.2 and K10.2 speakers

I just traded my K12's I've had for over five years for two K10.2's. I A/Bed my old K12's and the new K10.2's at GC. Both sounded just fine.

I really liked how the old K12's sounded but I opted for compactness and power of the K10.2's. I move them alot so the smaller size and the 10 pounds lighter was the deciding factor.

I wasn't able to really crank the volume up at GC so I couldn't tell if the new model was cleaner at high levels. I never ran my old K12's wide open anyway so it's a moot point. I think the Axe FX sounds very good on the new K10.2's.

Full disclosure: I always ran the K12's with two CLR passives and do the same with the K10.2's. I get a very big sound.

I checked them out at GuitarCenter and the K10.2 was AWESOME! I was going to get those but I went with the Friedman ASC-12 but the QSC's are great!!!

---

Yes, a buddy just put together a new jam room and setup K8.2s head-high on stands. They sound AWESOME. I get killer tone from my AxeII and it's easy to blend in vocals. Super light and sound great. I generally work on tones through headphones and I didn't have to tweak to be happy with the live sound... huge bonus IMO.

Been using an older k12 for ages.. never failed me, solid as a rock, sounds great to me. i'd like to try the newer one, but not fixing it if it ain't broke.

How do these 8.2s stack up against the CLR or Xitone offerings? I'm looking for something portable for jams, practice, and monitoring live.

Ive ruled out the 8.2s. They arent much more portable than the 10.2s which sounded a lot fuller.

I'm still debating between those or CLR / Xitone, or even something else...

I still have a k12 older model, never failed once, solid as a rock. Only thing with it was it's a tad bass heavy, and physically heavy, nothing you cant get around. I now have a CLR neo and it seems to translate patches better, ie: ears, jamhub, FOH, etc.

I just got a K10.2 and it’s amazing. Haven’t compared to the K8.2 but I like it better than my DXR10. It’s much more versatile and sounds better at lower to moderate volumes, with much less ear fatigue. I haven’t had a chance to crank it to loud gig volumes yet. I like using the Studio monitor setting best so far for playing at home,

Back
Top Bottom