QSC K12's

Sounds great to me. I wonder how this compares to a power amp and cab combo. Matrix GT1000FX and 412 of some sort...Greenback or V30. But they need to be recorded side by side thru the same device so we can see the difference.

Can someone make that happen? :)

Both, they sound much better, previously I had a velocity 300 and Marshall 1960A. This sounded unpleasant to me. Also the Marshall is bulky to move. The K-12s are small, light - even my wife could carry them

I have liked mine for a couple years now. Rock solid never hicupped. Put on stands placed a few feet apart behind me angled down. I do roll off extreme highs and lows in global eq!! Translate well to foh. Even quit dragging around my 2x12 EVs for that thing I thought i was missing. The AX firmware has gotten so good, they just sound great to me . Clarity, punch and LOUD. Extra inputs for my guitar synths and backing tracks when I need them. XLR outs to FOH. Plus they are paid for, lol.

Last edited:
I actually liked the sound of the Mosvalve better. When you switched to the QSCs, it sounded slightly mid-scooped and not as pronounced. I have that exact Mosvalve amp and currently use it with my Axe-FX II. I'm going to be upgrading my power amp soon but the Mosvalve does a pretty good job.

I actually liked the sound of the Mosvalve better. When you switched to the QSCs, it sounded slightly mid-scooped and not as pronounced. I have that exact Mosvalve amp and currently use it with my Axe-FX II. I'm going to be upgrading my power amp soon but the Mosvalve does a pretty good job.

Hi RR, I think what you're hearing is the mids of the guitar speakers with the Mosvalve, but I agree, I think the Mosvalve is a great amp for this application. Guitar speakers do add body to the sound, us humans love our mid range frequencies; but they are not the scalpels that the QSC K12s are so you get a duller sound out of them. The attack is lessened and so is the note clarity. The QSCs definitely require some EQing ... the cutting of the highs and the lows as chrisallen8888 said :) I have the Axe-FX II set flat globally.

I believe you said that you couldn't use the cab simulations with your 4x12 cabinets. This just may be down to speaker choice. I'm using Eminence Man O Wars on top and Texas Heats on bottom. I chose this speaker combination because the frequency response curves complimented one another nicely. I'd love to see what it would sound like to drive an FRFR cabinet with the Mosvalve.

Just wondering, do your 4x12s have 2 inputs and are you using all 4 of the Mosvalve's outputs? Or just a single cable connection for each cab? I'm running all 4 speakers from the Mosvalve.

Yeah, the looper is great. Just play something and dial in tones all day long :) I may upload a video just rolling through the amp and cab sims through both amplification systems.

Back
Top Bottom