QSC K12

Bird

Anyone using these? Looking into a powered monitor now and I know the K10 was/is quite popular. I've got the old shootout bookmarked somewhere. Was thinking Atomic but am open to suggestions.

I have one. I really like mine. I was waiting for the Atomic CLRs but they probably won't be around for a long time and if they come out soon, good luck in getting one.

I would say, pick one up at Guitar Center and try it out for 30 days. See if you like it. That's what I did and I ended up keeping it. Probably buy a second one too for the stereo effect which is on a whole different plane.

Good stuff.

I have a pair and really like them . I haven't tried the atomic?? But the clr's do seem to be worth waiting for. Also the new matrix powered frfr look promising

I have a K10 and like it. Some have said the K10 is preferred to the K12. Look around the board for more comments about it.

I couldn't find anything on the K12 on the forum. Perhaps I haven't stumbled upon the right word combo :( The nearest Cdn city is Winnipeg so I won't really be able to try anything out unfortunately. I know the K10 has been quite popular for quite a long time with a many Axe users, seems like a fairly safe bet.

I brought a K8 as a monitor to compliment my FOH K12 rig. The K8 was far too bright for me, different entirely to the K12. it was a nice small form factor and can be made to wedge with an M10 bolt in the back, but no good for me. I got an RCF NX 12SMA as a monitor and love it.

YMMV.

I use a pair of K12's and absolutely love them. A good coaxial speaker would probably be better (Atomic has some Jay Mitchell designed ones coming out I'm excited about), but the K12 is a fine speaker, especially for the price. I use them as my primary amplification (100% FRFR here) during rehearsal and as monitors when playing live.

Unfortunately, all I can give is my opinion. The only way for you to know if you like them is to try them.

love moy k12's

My AXE FX thru K12's sounds better than any amp / cab combo I have ever used. That includes my engl, mesa, marshall, rigs I have had. Of course that is my opinion, yours may vary.

I've been very pleased with my pair of K12's for the last year. Maybe there are better choices, but they sound nice and are a pretty good value. WAY LOUD too!!

I've been playing two K12's for over two years. Completely satisfied. Is there better out there? Probably, the field has gotten much more crowded since I bought mine. For alot more money you could probably get considerably better. But cost is a factor and since I play acoustic and bass trough my Axe II and Ultra I need the wide range. I have a stereo tube amp....don't play it much....the K12's are just so damn convienient. Plenty loud, too.

Anyone using these? Looking into a powered monitor now and I know the K10 was/is quite popular. I've got the old shootout bookmarked somewhere. Was thinking Atomic but am open to suggestions.

Just got one. Love it. Amazing difference from the POS powered monitor I was using. Choice for me was between K10 and K12. I play bass too so went with the 12.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom