QSC K12 = Win!!!

bkrumme

Experienced
I went to Guitar Center today looking for a 1U or 2U power amp so I could play my Ultra through my Rectifier cab at rehearsal today. I had my Ultra with me so I took it in and tried out some powered FR speakers also. Long story short I ended up leaving with a QSC K12 and without a power amp.

If anyone is contemplating trying FR cabinets, these are a TOP choice. And if anyone is contemplating trying FR in general, do it NOW! The Axe-Fx was made for FR and that's where it shines.

Yeap...the other guitarist in our band is running a 4x12 cab w/100 Mesa Nomad. My Axe-FX Ultra and K12 keep right up w/him.

Oh man, and now I'm gassing for one. Did you end up trying out the axe with any power amps? I'm using a velocity 300 which sounds great with my orange cab, but absolute rubbish the the cab where I practice. It would be much easier to take out all the variables and just use one k12.

i tried a k10 and it sounded shite compared to the RCF 310A. i bought one and now i'm waiting to get paid again so a can get a 2nd one. yay Stereo.

I use a K12 on one side and a K8 on the other for the other guitarist to dial in as much of me as he wants. Portable and loud. Sounds great.

Just wait until you start using two K12's. Double WIN!

I have been using one for about 6 months now. Just started running two for the hell of it. WoW! My wife is not impressed but after marrying me everything else pales in comparison.:lol

I'll be getting my second one this weekend. Going to take advantage of the 15% off at Guitar Center...

How do I get in on that 15% discount at guitar center? I might pick me up one too!

They send out postcards for their sales every now and then. Just about every one has a 15% coupon on it, valid on a single item over $299. AFAIK, they keep them at the front counter also, so you should be able to walk in this weekend for the President's Day sale and get the 15% off.

I searched around for some coupons for guitar center and found that most of the 10-15% off stuff excluded QSC. I went to ProAudioStar.com, as I've dealt with them for PA equipment in the past and they're more than willing to offer me discounted pricing. I was able to get a QSC K12 for $699 new with free shipping.

I searched around for some coupons for guitar center and found that most of the 10-15% off stuff excluded QSC. I went to ProAudioStar.com, as I've dealt with them for PA equipment in the past and they're more than willing to offer me discounted pricing. I was able to get a QSC K12 for $699 new with free shipping.

And no tax as well if you're not in NY.

I searched around for some coupons for guitar center and found that most of the 10-15% off stuff excluded QSC.

I'll have to double-check the coupon I have. Chances are they'll let me have the 15% anyway because I'm a "frequent shopper" at my local GC, but I'll look out for that just in case.

It's not like GC is set prices
Just make an offer for 15% off anyways
The worse they'll do is burn down your house and kidnap your family :p

I'm seeing $880 on their website. You got them down from that?

Back
Top Bottom