Qsc k12.2 for live use with an FM9?

James Lugo

I’m so new to this world I just have a few questions. I’m an old school half stack guy but am embarking back in the world of cover and tribute bands. I bought an FM9 need something to use for rehearsal, some gigs and to occasionally supplement iem. I bought the Seymour Duncan 700 Power Amp , it sounds cool with just Mesa cab but I don’t like skipping the cab block. I just want an awesome FRFR. It seems like a lot of what I see people using is either panned as mediocre by many or is out of stock. I need to get something now that’s gonna be good. How are the Qsc k12.2s for this job? Or any other production powered pa speakers?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks guys.

I'm curious about this too. It doesn't really matter to me right now as a bedroom wanker, but I've been wondering if anything cool has come out.

I still think that Line6 was on the right track with the PowerCabs. I just don't remember being impressed when I tried one (either in FRFR mode or with speaker modeling).

The handle design makes carrying it a chore, but the NX-12SMA is the best speaker I’ve used.

If I have a master EQ from my own mixer available, the QSC works too but yeah you have to get that spike frequency out of it. I use cheaper CP8 speakers for most things these days and they do the job, again with some EQ to flatten them out a bit.

I’ve tried quite a few FRFR speakers. I’ve settled on a RCF TT08, absolutely superb speaker. I would also look at a Tt10 version but they are hard to find ATM.
I think a 12” is overkill for guitar, the smaller speakers really punch out the mids.

Back
Top Bottom