QSC K10's or 12's with my AX8?

I've used a k12 for ages... I like it standing up vs wedge, high and low cut in cab block, flat, turn up half way... sounds great. Sounds translate, sound guys love me, sounds great. People can focus and chase the dragon forever, or just get onto playing... I fall into the latter. I use ears live, so it's mainly for pushing air on stage and some feedback. At home, it's fine too. YMMV.

I had a pair of the QSC K-10 when I was stepping into the FRFR world. They are great for a PA and don't sound bad with a guitar modeler. But they are too bloated on the bass and I could never really dial out that plastic sounding tweeter.

Finally got the CLR and never looked back. I even thought that the Matrix Q12a was much better than the QSC as a FRFR solution.

Do yourself a favor and don't mess around with PA speakers on your top of the line modeler. Ultimately, if you start playing out a lot, your signal will end up through a PA at some point and that's just what comes with gigging. But for monitoring your guitar or as a back line, get yourself a CLR or any of the other guitar modeler inspired FRFR cabinets.

You will save a lot of money by just going straight to the best solution.

BA

I have the RCF NX -12's and they are much more pa than cab like in their response (only use them for my pa currently) and QSC is not known to be any better than these. So I would say if your used to cabs and want a much more authentic sounding backline look into the Friedman asm or a CLR

2nd this. I have a K10 and a CLR and there is NO comparison. I could never go back to the K10. Harsh hyped highs, boomy hyped lows, and muddy distant mids. Do yourself a huge favor if you are serious about this and get something better (CLR, Xitone, ASM etc.) I would take my one CLR over two K10's any day.

I had a pair of QSC K10 monitors when I first bought AxeFX II XL. Sounded good for live, but not FRFR- too bassy, so the tones you make that sound good through them will be thin going out to FoH. I discovered this the firrst time I went to a recording studio and gave direct outs and then heard what the direct was like in the control room.

Back
Top Bottom