QSC K10 vs K12

I play through a rack tube amp and 4x12 cabs. I own two k12's and can't get a sound I like with them. I'm curious about the people here using the CLR's, a lot of the clubs I play have K12's for top speakers and if you mix your tones for CLR's and send frfr cables to the sound guy then the audience is hearing the K12 sound and not what you hear or have mixed for. I can't gig frfr. I wish I could but there are too many variables for me.

played last night with the CLR and this is working out just as I imagined. It is more focused on the CLR but it's still nice enough at home to be able to play me Axefx more than what was happening before. I still am struggling with my levels, so I need to work that out. I think I need to get my clean tones not to clip first and then lower my other channels so the clean will transition better.

Sorry to make this thread live again, but this was just the review I was looking for as I amin the same predicament.
Thanks guys - looks like I be heading out for K12..

Strat-o-matic, I have to get myself in front of my Axe and get my settings for you.
Although I use Redwirez (and they made a big difference for me) I was able to get a K12 sounding better than my 1x12 Mesa cab. I was able to dial in a guitar cab tone....took me a while, but I found it.
If you could post those settings that would be great!

If you could post those settings that would be great!
Sorry man, that post was in 2010....I have since got rid of the K12 and use RCF NX12, XiTone and Atomic CLRs. All of which are better solutions (IMO) that the K12.

Back
Top Bottom