QSC K10.2 vs Matrix FR10 vs Yamaha DXR10 vs Any 10 inch

I’m also using the filter block that Cliff recommends trying in his EQ Cliff notes. It might be on page 2. It creates more clarity IMO. I didn’t get a chance to try it with the Alto though.

Can you please point us to exactly where that EQ Cliff recommended?

I used a Matrix Q12. But after trying DXR10, I sold the Matrix.
DXR10 is the way to go IMHO. Sounds great!

The OP refers to the newer versions, the k10.2s. What is the verdict on those vs dxr10s?

Sorry, I only had the original K10's. But the dxr10's are killers. In that price range I do not think anything can touch them. Just my opinion of course. I paid $525 each........

I asked for clarification because the OP mentioned the newer models but many replies here didn't seem to make a distinction. From what I have read, the newer k10.2 is a superior model and beats the dxr10 (according to some). More comparisons would be useful, I've even read one persons opinion that the k10.2 beats out the Atomic CLR. The prices would be similar for me for dxr10 vs k10.2.

I use a Yamaha DBR10 it is Great . when I compared my Fender Super Blackface and my Fender Blackface setting on my AX8 I could not tell the difference and I promptly sold the Fender Blackface Super reverb
Stay away from anything Alto they are just junk unless you play some dark sounding music with Humbuckers
Altos do not give you any real eq options and they need eq I run my Yamaha DBR flat

I have a pair of Alto TS310's. I haven't tried QSC's, CLR's, or any other FRFR cab but I love the TS310's. Plenty rugged for my use, loud, clear, and they sound great! Maybe the QSC's or so might sound better, but again the Alto's are great for me. For $250 each they can't be beat!

I used and still have a pair of DXR10's, they're awesome. I love the 3 way mixer and the fact I can use it both as a vocal and guitar monitor. I sing backup vocals in my band and for some reason I find that backup vocals are very dialled back or missing in fallbacks, so bringing my own makes it easy to pitch.

I've tried the DXR10's, Xitone, Matrix FR10, Friedman ASM and Atomic CLR. I've kept the DXR10's and 2 CLR's. That's not a reflection on the Xitone's though, I had Mick build me two custom builds and for various reasons my customizations didn't work out. Xitone's sound great as well, on par with CLR's in my book. For me, the Matrix FR10 and Friedman ASM is not up to the same level as the others.

I used and still have a pair of DXR10's, they're awesome. I love the 3 way mixer and the fact I can use it both as a vocal and guitar monitor. I sing backup vocals in my band and for some reason I find that backup vocals are very dialled back or missing in fallbacks, so bringing my own makes it easy to pitch.

I've tried the DXR10's, Xitone, Matrix FR10, Friedman ASM and Atomic CLR. I've kept the DXR10's and 2 CLR's. That's not a reflection on the Xitone's though, I had Mick build me two custom builds and for various reasons my customizations didn't work out. Xitone's sound great as well, on par with CLR's in my book. For me, the Matrix FR10 and Friedman ASM is not up to the same level as the others.

QSC K10.2 has a 3 input mixer as well. It also has more power than the DXR10. I can also purchase one for less money. I wonder how they compare sound-wise, I can't listen to a DXR10 locally.

As for the CLR, is it really worth *twice* the price of the K10.2? Thats the price difference, so it would need to be significantly better... I'm not aware of anyone on the internet who has compared these two models, but perhaps the K10.2 would fare no differently than any other non-coaxial design.

Thanks!

QSC K10.2 has a 3 input mixer as well. It also has more power than the DXR10. I can also purchase one for less money. I wonder how they compare sound-wise, I can't listen to a DXR10 locally.

As for the CLR, is it really worth *twice* the price of the K10.2? Thats the price difference, so it would need to be significantly better... I'm not aware of anyone on the internet who has compared these two models, but perhaps the K10.2 would fare no differently than any other non-coaxial design.

Thanks!

What something is worth is obviously relative. If it's between buying a CLR or paying rent, it's likely not worth it. But if it's between guitar number 7 and a CLR, chances are the CLR is going to make the biggest difference to your overall sound and possibly overall enjoyment. If you compare side by side, I'd be very surprised if you wouldn't pick the CLR over any PA type speaker.

Does anyone use an AX8 for Bass? And if so, I would imagine you would need a different FRFR set up. I set my sounds up with my home studio monitors. When playing live, I use front of house and usually a small Mark Bass 2X10 amp just for a stage monitor. Not really ideal but it works.

Back
Top Bottom