QSC K10.2 / K12.2 or headrush 112 x 2?

Hey all,

I'm still trying to figure out what FRFR to get that works well in a band situation and for live use.

I was starting to move towards the Headrush 112 but then I've heard better things about the QSC 10.2 and 12.2s.

Are the QSCs made to work with IRs or are they just a compact PA speaker?

I just want something I can buy once and works well for a long time. So if spending more on a QSC or another FRFR works out better to do then I'll do it.

Any other suggestions for a good FRFR are welcome.

Thanks.

I'd like to know if anyone has the HeadRush-112 and if they are happy with it...

Hey all,

I'm still trying to figure out what FRFR to get that works well in a band situation and for live use.

I was starting to move towards the Headrush 112 but then I've heard better things about the QSC 10.2 and 12.2s.

I just want something I can buy once and works well for a long time. So if spending more on a QSC or another FRFR works out better to do then I'll do it.

Thanks.

there's no such thing as a speaker that's "made to work with IR's"

all the speakers you've listed are PA speakers.

rule of thumb - the more you spend, the better the speaker will be (up to the point of diminishing returns, which is probably several grand)

the original QSC K12 was the speaker of choice around here, when it first came out. the CLR and the RCFNX12sma have since superseded it as top dogs. a lot of people like the Headrush, but i've never heard one, so i can't comment. also Mission and Xitone are popular choices. personally, i would steer clear of the Matrix stuff....the ones i've heard haven't been great (imo).

basically if you're unable to try any of these out, you need to set your budget, figure out what you can afford and then just bite the bullet. make sure that wherever you buy from has a returns policy.

if you ask for opinions on here about good speakers, you'll get a ton of suggestions. i see you started another thread about this, so you've probably already discovered that.

there's no such thing as a speaker that's "made to work with IR's"

all the speakers you've listed are PA speakers.

rule of thumb - the more you spend, the better the speaker will be (up to the point of diminishing returns, which is probably several grand)

the original QSC K12 was the speaker of choice around here, when it first came out. the CLR and the RCFNX12sma have since superseded it as top dogs. a lot of people like the Headrush, but i've never heard one, so i can't comment. also Mission and Xitone are popular choices. personally, i would steer clear of the Matrix stuff....the ones i've heard haven't been great (imo).

basically if you're unable to try any of these out, you need to set your budget, figure out what you can afford and then just bite the bullet. make sure that wherever you buy from has a returns policy.

if you ask for opinions on here about good speakers, you'll get a ton of suggestions. i see you started another thread about this, so you've probably already discovered that.
Hey all,

Thanks.
there actually is a cab specifically designed to work with modelers and IRs .....the recent Powercab models from Line 6 that has its own IRs as well as allowing imported ones......

Back
Top Bottom