QSC HPR owners refit with new Locking IEC plug

I have the locking power cable on my QSC's and am curious about what everyone thinks are the benefits.

For example, if someone at a gig trips over the power cable, I'd rather have the cable come unplugged than have it stay connected and crash the QSC down off its pole or injure the person.

Lopp said:
For example, if someone at a gig trips over the power cable, I'd rather have the cable come unplugged than have it stay connected and crash the QSC down off its pole or injure the person.

I couldn't agree more. Same with locking 1/4" jacks on rack panels and such. I see the benefit of locking stuff in lots of situations - just not where the cord is around where people could end up stepping on stuff.

Lopp said:
I have the locking power cable on my QSC's and am curious about what everyone thinks are the benefits.

yea i could see in a permanent install you want to know all your cables are in and ready to go but at a gig i want that cable to come out rather then tear down all my expensive gear like a tom and jerry cartoon

Back
Top Bottom