QSC CP8 or RCF Art 708A Mk IV

Eric Rowland

Inspired
I'm looking for a small FRFR solution for small apt playing. These two offerings stand out for the moment. I play predominately jazz and jazz fusion on hollow, semihollow and solidbody instruments thru an Axe-Fx III. I'll be playing at light to moderate volumes at home only. I'm looking for smooth, clean mid-range sounds with a minimum of fuss. I will not be recording or mixing. I realize there is a limited amount of user experience with these two models as I have researched both here and TGP. Any and all experiences or opinions as well as other options are most welcome.
Thanks for your time.

I tried out the QSC CP8 today at GC and thought is sounded pretty incredible. Granted I was playing through a high end Ibanez with Bare Knuckle Aftermath pickups lol. But I was looking for a monitor for band practice and I am really leaning toward getting it for that purpose. However, just to play in my apartment, I've use a pair of JBL studio monitors.

I’m using a pair of CP8 at my gig right now. I love them. They aren’t the loudest speaker ever, but for an 8” they are very loud/present. I EQ them with my mixer for every venue, but they have some EQ dials on them to help with that.

Try them at least if you can get a good return policy just in case. But they are my favorite “regular” speaker in a long time.

I’m using a pair of CP8 at my gig right now. I love them. They aren’t the loudest speaker ever, but for an 8” they are very loud/present. I EQ them with my mixer for every venue, but they have some EQ dials on them to help with that.

Try them at least if you can get a good return policy just in case. But they are my favorite “regular” speaker in a long time.
Hey Chris, I'm not sure if I'm aloud to do ask questions on another post, but I was wondering if you had tried the Headrush 8 or 12? I was thinking the CP8 sounds really good but the Headrush 8 is half the cost.

Hey Chris, I'm not sure if I'm aloud to do ask questions on another post, but I was wondering if you had tried the Headrush 8 or 12? I was thinking the CP8 sounds really good but the Headrush 8 is half the cost.
I’m curious about the head rush for sure. I’ve read the 8” version lacks some bass. The CP8 has a ton, which I dial some out anyway. So maybe it would work.

Best to buy from somewhere that has a good return policy and try it for yourself.

I’m trying to fund some 12” head rush soon.

I’m curious about the head rush for sure. I’ve read the 8” version lacks some bass. The CP8 has a ton, which I dial some out anyway. So maybe it would work.

Best to buy from somewhere that has a good return policy and try it for yourself.

I’m trying to fund some 12” head rush soon.
Are you looking to replace the CP8 or add to the setup? I think i may go with the 12 after doing some more research and get if from Guitar Center so I can return it if its not as good as the CP8.

Are you looking to replace the CP8 or add to the setup? I think i may go with the 12 after doing some more research and get if from Guitar Center so I can return it if its not as good as the CP8.
just another option for different gigs, or maybe as mains if i need to provide full PA with the CP8 as monitors.

i do appreciate "flat response" speakers. though i even further prefer coaxial. but at the price point, i'm surprised i haven't just forgone eating for 2 weeks and get a set now.

Back
Top Bottom