QSC CP12 and Headrush 112 / Yamaha DXR / Alto TS312 comparison

SorenLi

Did any of you folks get a chance to play these with your Fractal gear and have any thoughts on them?
I've searched the forum and generally CP8 has been coming up with some nice words about it but it's hard to find some direct/indirect comparison between CP12 and the Headrush, Alto or Yamaha gear.

I'm on a hunt for an FRFR speaker. Most of the time I've been happy playing just through my JBL LSR 305s, however lately due to certain circumstances I have to temporarily keep those located in a highly non-optimal manner.
It's been my intention to get an active speaker anyway and it'd be much easier to maneuver around the house at this time, also I'd occasionally be using it for some smaller concerts and rehearsals.
I'm not entirely opposed to 10" speakers, however I sometimes use my Axe-Fx to play bass, hence I'm pretty much decided on the 12". That and the fact that it's my impression that people seem generally much happier with the larger speaker versions of these.
I do realize that in the end it all comes down to my preferences and therefore, I'm asking about yours. ;)

I own a couple of CP12. I like them a lot with Fractal: they sounds deep but not boomy, smooth detailed hi-end (but not ear piercing). I run both my vocal and guitar (as monitor with my band).
I try the headrush once, very nice and guitar-like sounding.
I also had a gig with newer DXR on stage: I was very surprise both by volume and clarity (i think it was 10'). But I have to cut down hi due to drummer response: I was killing his eardrums...!
I don't remember any player experience with Alto... they do sound good...

My preferences goes to CP12/headrush as main guitar monitor. As PA I'll give CP12 or DXR a try. CP12 is very compact and light compared to power and pressure it holds.

I have 3 Alto TS212s and 2 Alto TS310s. They are great speakers for the $. I have used them for mainly PA - two 12s for mains, one 12 for the drummer, and the 2 10s for monitors out front.

That being said, I was quite happy with how my rig sounded direct to the PA so it made it easy! I would dial things in at gig volumes at home with the altos and needed almost no adjustments at the gig.

Back
Top Bottom