Fixed Q9b; Amp2 goes quiet when "Out Comp Amount" is set above 0.0

GitarKnut

I installed Q9b and found that all my Amp2's were silent, both x and y. I have two Amp blocks with x and y in most of my presets. After some investigation I found that setting the "Out Comp Amount" to 0.0 brought the sound back. There is actually some sound up to approx. 0.3 but after that it is silent. It seems like it only affects Amp2 regardless if I have one or two amp blocks in a preset (i.e. when having only Amp2 in a preset the same thing happends).
Apart from that Q9b sounds fantastic:).

If you reset the AMP2 block does it still require output comp to be at 0.0 to get output?

If you reset the AMP2 block does it still require output comp to be at 0.0 to get output?
Yes, I have tried to reset the Amp2 block and it still goes quiet. I have and XL (sorry that I missed to mention that in my original post). I have also tried with and without Axe Edit (i.e. front panel and AE) and the behaviour of the Amp2 block is identical.
I have not tried to re-download and re-install Q9b - perhaps I should do so. I will try that tomorrow (late evening in Norway now:)).

Same here.
Set some great sounds last night but today the 'Output Comp' has changed how it acts. Today edited presets were silent until I turned 'Output Comp' off

XL+ here. Tried to confirm this bug report by saving a preset with Amp 2 enabled and Out Comp Amount set to 3.06. Turned off the unit and turned it back on. Switched presets and went back to the saved preset. No problems. Everything's working fine. I can crank Out Comp Amount without incident.

XL+ here. Tried to confirm this bug report by saving a preset with Amp 2 enabled and Out Comp Amount set to 3.06. Turned off the unit and turned it back on. Switched presets and went back to the saved preset. No problems. Everything's working fine. I can crank Out Comp Amount without incident.
I left my unit (XL) off over night but the same problem exist after re-powering this morning, switching presets and so on. I guess that this indicate that the problem is related to the XL and not the XL+. What about the Mark 1 and 2 units?

And BTW I also have an AX8 so I do know how to live with "only" one amp block ....... it works like a charm even in Norway;);).

I left my unit (XL) off over night but the same problem exist after re-powering this morning, switching presets and so on. I guess that this indicate that the problem is related to the XL and not the XL+. What about the Mark 1 and 2 units?

And BTW I also have an AX8 so I do know how to live with "only" one amp block ....... it works like a charm even in Norway;);).
XL+ and I have it too! Did not have it from the start of using 9.00b but turned AXF off and when back on, had the prob.

Same here, I am more than happy to test beta versions released to the community - don't think I have missed one single beta-version so far. So thanks for letting us contribute in the process !!

I followed Cliffs advice and it works wery well. After adjusting the "Comp Clarity" on the first preset I tested the other presets with "Out Comp Amount"set above 0.0 on Amp2 also came back to life. Before touching the "Out Comp Clarity" (set on 6.51 which I believe was (or is) the default value) there was no sound but as soon as I adjusted it the sound came back when the "Out Comp Amount" was set above 0.0.

Anyway - Cliff has identified the problem so it should be fine for the final release of Q9.0. And the Axe Fx just sounds too good to be true!

Last edited:
"Stupid mistake on my part"

Can't tell you how elated I am to be in the user base of a product where completely relentless pursuit of improvement is also accompanied by such no-BS talk. Thanks, boss.

Back
Top Bottom