Q9.01b Demo and Comparison with Q8.02

Positive first impressions with Q9.01b; the updated delays sound sweet, the speaker compression algorithm does as promised and the B7K sounds ridiculous for heavy bass tones. The video below compares the same presets before and after updating.

The speaker compression is most noticeable with the Marshalls to me, especially once the MV gets cranked up. Overall there seems to be more of a satisfying "thrak" with high gain sounds that keeps them sounding clear when playing really aggressively.

Killer video Leon! The new delay improvements sound fantastic! There’s more note definition yet the delays still sound big and airy. I like 9.02b better in those clips, personally. It gives the amps more “thunk” in the pick attack and the top end feels more open. My gear is in Argentina right now and you’ve got me chomping at the bit to update. Thanks for the great demo!

Killer video Leon! The new delay improvements sound fantastic! There’s more note definition yet the delays still sound big and airy. I like 9.02b better in those clips, personally. It gives the amps more “thunk” in the pick attack and the top end feels more open. My gear is in Argentina right now and you’ve got me chomping at the bit to update. Thanks for the great demo!

The memory man has become a favourite in the new FW. I find I'm going easier on the high cut in the cab block too, the top end is really pleasant.

Positive first impressions with Q9.01b; the updated delays sound sweet, the speaker compression algorithm does as promised and the B7K sounds ridiculous for heavy bass tones. The video below compares the same presets before and after updating.

The speaker compression is most noticeable with the Marshalls to me, especially once the MV gets cranked up. Overall there seems to be more of a satisfying "thrak" with high gain sounds that keeps them sounding clear when playing really aggressively.

Hey really appreciate and enjoy your videos!

Small request, please leave the description on for the whole duration of the clip in your comparison videos. It appears and disappears within a few seconds, I'm unable to scroll through the video to compare, since it's unclear which portion of the video I'm on.

i.e. want to compare 9.01 vs 8.02, I see the 8.02 portion then try to scroll to 9.01 portion, but have no idea if I'm at the 9.01 portion, have to scroll back to where the caption starts, then scroll back to 8.02 to hear the sound again but not be sure I'm at 8.02, etc.
Or even the amp+cab video, if I ever scroll during the video, I have no idea what I'm watching/listening to. A little constant caption at the corner would help.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hey really appreciate and enjoy your videos!

Small request, please leave the description on for the whole duration of the clip in your comparison videos. It appears and disappears within a few seconds, I'm unable to scroll through the video to compare, since it's unclear which portion of the video I'm on.

i.e. want to compare 9.01 vs 8.02, I see the 8.02 portion then try to scroll to 9.01 portion, but have no idea if I'm at the 9.01 portion, have to scroll back to where the caption starts, then scroll back to 8.02 to hear the sound again but not be sure I'm at 8.02, etc.
Or even then amp+cab video, if I ever scroll during the video, I have no idea what I'm watching/listening to. A little caption at the corner would help.

Thanks so much!
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to incorporate that from now on. I'll add some time codes in the video description in the mean time.

Back
Top Bottom