Q7 Recto 1 Test

With every FW I´m trying again with the Rectos (JY Mesacabs), but I can´t through the bandmix when playing live? How works your Rectosound in livesituations? The bass frequences seem to flubby to me.

With every FW I´m trying again with the Rectos (JY Mesacabs), but I can´t through the bandmix when playing live? How works your Rectosound in livesituations? The bass frequences seem to flubby to me.

I use the JY Mesas and use a stereo cab with MES-412 TR 57A1+121 and MES-412 BR 421G3+121 panned down the middle, i.e. 0.0

Granted I play in a three piece so that extra low end comes in handy, but you can always raise the low cut in the cab block if it's too flubby. Putting a TS style drive with zero drive and level on 10 helps too. Then again, the low end flub is part of the fun with the Recto.

Granted I play in a three piece so that extra low end comes in handy, but you can always raise the low cut in the cab block if it's too flubby. Putting a TS style drive with zero drive and level on 10 helps too. Then again, the low end flub is part of the fun with the Recto.
Ah, thats maybe the main problem.. I´ve never been into this fun..I prefer a tight bassfrequence....everytime I hear a typical Mesa Rectosound ( Nickelback for exampel) I have to try again...
But I don´t think a real Recto - Player would use a TS Style drive in front of?

Lowcut in my cabblock is on 85Hz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom