Bug? Q7 beta 2 mixer block gets scrambled values when saving preset

mrMagenta

Inspired
Hello!

I'm having a problem with an advanced preset (using a lot of blocks).
CPU use is 90% when connected to axe edit. When I save the preset to a new slot the mixer blocks values get scrambled.

I also have problems with Axe FX freezing while working in Axe Edit, this happens to me every now and then, but today was the first time it corrupted the preset. I've backed to the last non-corrupt version of the preset, redone the changes and had the same thing happen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 14.40.59.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 14.40.59.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 6
Because you probably went over the preset size limit. A preset can only store a limited amount of bytes, so when adding too much blocks, their definitions can't be kept in memory if no more room. The XL/XL+ has more memory per preset.

Here are the correct values in the mixer block. And The preset is saved according to the edit status.. but when i go to another preset and return to it i get scrambled values as in the screenshot in the first post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 14.49.58.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 14.49.58.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 0
Because you probably went over the preset size limit. A preset can only store a limited amount of bytes, so when adding too much blocks, their definitions can't be kept in memory if no more room. The XL/XL+ has more memory per preset.

Thanks! Sounds like it could be the answer, I removed a block and saved it, the mixer saved good, but my volume block got scrambled. Will keep simplifying to see if i can get it to save correctly.

Update. I got the preset to save correctly without scrambling any blocks after simplifying the preset further. It's a weird problem, because the presets work fine until saved and reloaded, so Axe FX II mk1 has memory to hold everything while the preset is up, but not to save and load correctly?.. i wish there was a warning for exceeding preset size.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 15.15.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 15.15.03.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom