Q5.00 Ruckus Drive + Hook Amp

The re-worked drives are very amp like. They respond to picking dynamics and gtr volume roll off differently.

Really expressive for what I like.

Here is the Ruckus pedal into the Hook 3B amp. Ruckus on 5/5 with the guitar volume rolled back.

What ir are you using?

What ir are you using?

It's kind of funny. The original preset was one Tony posted. His edit of a Preset A Day preset.

His user cabs are different than mine, so the cab choice was really somewhat random.

It sounded good so I didn't change it.

It's two 4x12 Orange cabs from cabIR.eu with a little delay from Tony's preset

upload_2016-10-23_14-37-25.png

What amp do you use for that Tony? Sounds sweet.

Well I don't know Vinny which amp @barhrecords has used from me for the above clip. I have all of the PresetADay presets. I did yesterday some amps tests with the Ruckus and it's just great now. But I prefere it for clean till crunchy presets and put the Drive in the Ruckus to about 4-5 and it sounds absolut great. But for more high gain rocktype tones I still prefere the redone TS808. It's more neutral in sound. I can post a clip tomorrow in the recording section with the Ruckus and one of the latest USA Lead persets clean or crunchy scene and it sounds fantastic. I think the Ruckus needs to have a good soundin clean or crunch amp.

I have a Riot pedal (don't know about it only being used with clean amps as Yek suggests). I used to run mine into a fairly cooking Marshall 2150 Rock N Roll Baby combo and it was a fantastic sound. :)
I believe John based that Riot pedal on a channel from the 3+SE. That was my favourite preamp I ever owned.
Some great sounds of the Ruckus model here. Never really messed with the drive pedals in the Axe o Ax8. Time to dive in and have a play :)

I got Q5 just tonight have been playing all damn night into 6 12 am on HOOK
what a killer amp Barhrecords inspired me to try that amp and im glad I did..

cant stop playing it really something Hook is a rock machine
a ball crusher kept my Son up all night just blasting zone in the living room all night
waking the roosters up here...

getting some frying eggs noise adjusting some things yet still might need to reboot things and unplug usb and re plug or
get out of axe edit but what a killer amp when I figure that sizzelean issue out again im at 70 cpu not that maybe cables again or dirty power...

Hook is a top 5 amp now I might like the ods / sss type voicing better for lead maybe but
sheesh those need to be in same patch Im just on 3b also have not even got into the other hook versions.

I have to get some rest ill be building 5 patches and maybe 4 might be hook and one ods lead sound
I can see setting up clean clean dirty crunch and a lead on same amp and just having 4-5 patches
and maybe using clean clean dirty one patch clean dirty lead another patch and pairing those up stereo..

mix moshing Hook with ODS/SSS type amp be able to run stereo clean clean dirty and crunch and lead
pairing up different combinations of amps in pairs..

Its a Dynamic MOFO pleased would be an understatement !

Thanks for sharing that Cliff and Barhrecords that a great sound you got going id like to learn that piece its nice...
do you have an arrangement or tab of that or both where I might study that ?

Cant wait to Delve into all the clean sounds in that amp too sheesh what an amp.....

Back
Top Bottom