Q3.01 to 2.04 conversion?

Yep, that was me already in one occasion with the ac30tb corrections from a few fw's ago... with today, it's Edo 2 - Fractal 0.. do I win a free ax8 or what?? lol
I know this is a joke, but fractal is far from 0 man... It is definitely appreciated when people do push against the grain and find a bug or something. But we have the benefit of all focusing on one thing individually while FAS devs and creators have to consider EVERY single thing with an update.

Agreed. I'm sure your qualitative and not paying much attention to the documentation assessment is much more reliable than the designer's detailed internal knowledge of the implementation in this scenario. LOLZ.

See, this is what I consider a useless, pointless comment. First of all, fas says I was right, so you just missed a great chance to shut up and play your guitar. Second, even the designer is human and could happen to make mistakes, in which case the community can try and help, because 80k ears (unless you hear what you're told to hear) should be better than 2 - taking for granted and with maximum respect that the main brain is still between those two. No offense. And thanks as always for clearing it out as usual, Cliff.

Yep, that was me already in one occasion with the ac30tb corrections from a few fw's ago... with today, it's Edo 2 - Fractal 0.. do I win a free ax8 or what?? lol
You won a .02 revision of the firmware ;)

Looks like a new version is coming since the stickied 3.01 thread became unstickied :p

Seems like a really good time to thank both Cliff, AND the Edos of this forum, for living out of on the bleeding edge of this fantastic unit.
Folks like me, who often wait to update till after the dust settles, really benefit from you guys' brooms!

I stand corrected. I just put 2.04 and 3.01 side-by-side and Dynamic Presence is way more pronounced in 3.01. Not sure why, I copied the function directly from the 2.04 build. Regardless, Transformer Grind is what you want to get that top-end sizzle. Dynamic Presence is one of my "Inverse Homomorphic" filters and only approximates the dynamic presence boost found in some amps. Transformer Grind is an authentic model of what actually happens in those amps.

Phew! I'm not going crazy....at least for this. :p Thank you!

RR

See, this is what I consider a useless, pointless comment. First of all, fas says I was right, so you just missed a great chance to shut up and play your guitar. Second, even the designer is human and could happen to make mistakes, in which case the community can try and help, because 80k ears (unless you hear what you're told to hear) should be better than 2 - taking for granted and with maximum respect that the main brain is still between those two. No offense. And thanks as always for clearing it out as usual, Cliff.
So you were right. Shrug. Cliff is human, so am I. Enjoy your moment and the new FW.

Back
Top Bottom