Q2 Double Verb with Smitty and Lollar Gold Foils

Nice!

I've always wanted to try those pups.

Looking forward to checking out that preset. Sounded really full on the cleans.

Last edited:
Sounds really nice

About your noise free position 4 but not 2: Most P90s are made to be put in two-pickup guitars, so the bridge pickup is RWRP. When you put P90s in a three pickup guitar you often just use an extra neck pickup for the middle position, so that is why you have noise cancelling between the bridge and middle but not between middle and neck.

I know that Lollar also makes sets, where the middle pickup is RWRP, so maybe you just got the wrong set?

FWIW: I have a guitar with three P90s, but it is wired such that in the middle position of my 5-way selector switch, the bridge and neck pickups are selected - and since my bridge pickup is RWRP, this position (3) is also noise cancelling. It is a great sound. I miss having access to the middle pickup alone, so I might throw in a switch at some point. But you should really try the neck and bridge combined. It is a very funky sound with lots of tele vibe.

Those gold foils sound really good.

Sounds really nice

About your noise free position 4 but not 2: Most P90s are made to be put in two-pickup guitars, so the bridge pickup is RWRP. When you put P90s in a three pickup guitar you often just use an extra neck pickup for the middle position, so that is why you have noise cancelling between the bridge and middle but not between middle and neck.

I know that Lollar also makes sets, where the middle pickup is RWRP, so maybe you just got the wrong set?

FWIW: I have a guitar with three P90s, but it is wired such that in the middle position of my 5-way selector switch, the bridge and neck pickups are selected - and since my bridge pickup is RWRP, this position (3) is also noise cancelling. It is a great sound. I miss having access to the middle pickup alone, so I might throw in a switch at some point. But you should really try the neck and bridge combined. It is a very funky sound with lots of tele vibe.

Those gold foils sound really good.

This is great information. Thanks so much for taking the time to share it.

Cheers! :)

Very well done. Great demo and georgeous tone!

Did I hear a Phil Keaggy influence in some of your clean stuff?

Terry.

Always good experience getting your take on things. You always inspire. Thanks and please keep it up Burgs!!

*Lovin' me some Quantum 2*

What a plethora of tones and vibes. You never leave us (or at least me, lol) wanting!

Cheers,

Lee

Back
Top Bottom