Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Friedman?? I haven't paid attention to the updates for the AFXII, is there a link to info on this new Friedman model?

The Axe II release notes barely mention them in passing. This might help:

Oh my...that's outstanding. I spent a good chunk of time playing on a BE-50 deluxe a month or so ago and fell in love. That new model might help with my GAS lol. I was damn near ready to sell my PRS, Strat and AX8 to get my hands on that amp.

The new Friedmans in the Axe II are killer !!

Not only are the Friedman amps great, whatever he did to the modeling improved all my tones across the board.

I cant wait to see what innovations Fractal has come up with for us this time around.

The Axe II release notes barely mention them in passing. This might help:

edit: Better video for the Friedman C45

Awesome tone! Can you go over level setting on the delay and reverb blocks that are parallel at the end of the chain? I like that setup but am having level issues.

When it's ready to be released it will be released. Until then enjoy what is arguably the best sounding floor modeler on the market.

Its being beta tested, let it be. It will be ready when its ready.

I saw that and I am not trying to be contentious, simply asking for some level of visibility. I am sure a lot of other users would like the same. Again, some update on status is not too much to ask. Sounds like the repetitive message from users is “it will be ready when it is ready”. Is there a more meaningful/real update from someone?

I saw that and I am not trying to be contentious, simply asking for some level of visibility. I am sure a lot of other users would like the same. Again, some update on status is not too much to ask. Sounds like the repetitive message from users is “it will be ready when it is ready”. Is there a more meaningful/real update from someone?

I think Cliff has been pretty open about the status of the new firmware, beta testing and letting us know where it is every few days- being (from what I gather) a pretty significant overhaul; it's going to have kinks to iron out and..well, as soon as it's ready to be released; it'll be released.

PS. I'm super eager for 10.

Can’t be done. IIRC from older threads, the AX8 has two DSP chips and the architecture dedicates an entire chip to the amp block. The other chip is dedicated to the OS and effects. The cab block is handled by a hardware accelerator. The unit is physically incapable of handling a second amp block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom