Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Observing stone bouncing off the water, Cliff is able to have an epiphany about reverb or delay... keep on rock-skipping! :D

I'm taking a few days off to relax up at the lake. Going to do some painting maybe and throw rocks at things.

Lol Bob will get you to wind-down and into the right mindset for painting (or, to inspire a new reverb type derived from nature :cool:) :

Sure, throw rocks at it after, it's your party lol....or, to be more Zen-Bob-Ross-like, paint in a few rocks...heh.

...."just remember, there are no mistakes, only happy accidents..."

I love Bob's clips...

Last edited:
Mostly done. Just a few more things to finish up. I want to release to the beta team first because there were a lot of changes. Sounds great (duh) and switching speed is improved.

I'm taking a few days off to relax up at the lake. Going to do some painting maybe and throw rocks at things.
Awesome! This meens that I will be use the Plexi 2204 for an AC/DC tribute gig I have Jul 28!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might be a bit longer. I rearchitected the firmware to more resemble the Axe-Fx III. This was a MAJOR undertaking and will likely need another week of programming and testing.

Seriously folks, Cliff and company are an awesome group that work to the nines for their customers. How easy it would have been for Cliff to simply state Ares is a different architecture and be done with it. Not FAS. Just another example of what makes this company the best.

Thanks to each and every one of you!

Seriously folks, Cliff and company are an awesome group that work to the nines for their customers. How easy it would have been for Cliff to simply state Ares is a different architecture and be done with it. Not FAS. Just another example of what makes this company the best.

Thanks to each and every one of you!

They certainly put other companies to shame

Any news from the beta testers??? (if anyone is in the forum, i really dont know)
so we can have a preview of the new firmware
I'm just a little anxious :D:):eek:o_O:p:D:D

It will sound a little bit better, just like all the other updates, and then after all the posts about how amazing it sounds it will be soon forgotten as we clamor for the next update.

It’s been like that since the first update and likely always will be like that. What sounds “amaze-balls” on the first day soon becomes the typical tone we expect and take for granted, as we say “yeah it sounds fine”, but what we really want/need is firmware 11 improvements.

Same with amp models, it’s like “omg I need this” when we are waiting but then after we get it it’s suddenly just another one of several hundred and we go back to “I hope the next firmware has such and such model”

Seriously, anyone remember the hype and anticipation for fw7, or similar ? Anyone even remember what was improved ? I know I don’t. I probably hit f5 a hundred times waiting for it and it was great I’m sure, but it’s long been forgotten, just like fw10 will be in time too.

I know that feeling...same as iOS or macOS update, or any kind of new software or OS, the "joy" last a couple of days.
I have the AX8 since march, so the only firmware i know is 9.04.
Just i want to know if there are some other news besides of the modeling improvements, new amp models or the switching speed improvement (thats all we know so far, thanks to Cliff).
F5 in my keyboard its cracked :D

It will sound a little bit better, just like all the other updates, and then after all the posts about how amazing it sounds it will be soon forgotten as we clamor for the next update.

It’s been like that since the first update and likely always will be like that. What sounds “amaze-balls” on the first day soon becomes the typical tone we expect and take for granted, as we say “yeah it sounds fine”, but what we really want/need is firmware 11 improvements.

Same with amp models, it’s like “omg I need this” when we are waiting but then after we get it it’s suddenly just another one of several hundred and we go back to “I hope the next firmware has such and such model”

Seriously, anyone remember the hype and anticipation for fw7, or similar ? Anyone even remember what was improved ? I know I don’t. I probably hit f5 a hundred times waiting for it and it was great I’m sure, but it’s long been forgotten, just like fw10 will be in time too.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm more looking forward to the faster patch changing and whatever other odds and ends are included. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how much better the amp modelling could possible get and there are more amps already in there than I'll ever use. What's most promising is it sounds like a major upgrade to the code base which suggests a longer shelf life for the AX8. I've actually been contemplating selling mine as I had a feeling a newer version would be out very soon, but taking the time to revamp things significantly points to lengthening the life of the product rather than moving on in the short term.

I think the real update will be passing from IR technologie to a Cab/Mike simulation or something like that! :)
But waiting for the new one like for the Christmas gifts of cause :)

Of course, but I got my AXE FX II out and updated it to 10.01, with a view to selling it, and now I can't stop playing it. It also has an RAC12 in the rack and I may just continue using it......Got a nice Vox AC30 preset, Deluxe Reverb, Marshall JCM800, a Rectifier and 2C++. Best sounds I've ever managed to get out of my Fractal gear, and I haven't even started in on the Friedman models yet.......

IMG_0173.JPG

Last edited:
Of course, but I got my AXE FX II out and updated it to 10.01, with a view to selling it, and now I can't stop playing it. It also has an RAC12 in the rack and I may just continue using it......Got a nice Vox AC30 preset, Deluxe Reverb, Marshall JCM800, a Rectifier and 2C++. Best sounds I've ever managed to get out of my Fractal gear, and I haven't even started in on the Friedman models yet.......

View attachment 47882

Serious rack envy going on here now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom