Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Ares on the Axe FX III uses much of its 4X the processing power of the AX8: there’s no way that can run unaltered on the AX8. My guess is that some of the core processes can be run at a lower oversampliing rate (Eg: maybe 4X on the Ax8 instead of 8X on the III). Probably there isn’t the CPU power to implement the new cabinet block architecture at all.

If some of the developments to effects and amp model refinements can be relatively easily ported over: very nice, and I thank you FAS: but not at the cost of committing necessary resources to the III and Ares.

The AX8 has taken me to a place where sound quality and device functionality are no longer a limiting factor in my musical expression. My playing skills and choices are the only real limitation I face. But, then, I prefer one amp at a time, heck, often one amp all evening, and a few effects. Players with Deity level chops and studio replicating rigs may have a different perspective.

Last edited:
CC is likely talking merely of the code architecture... the way it is structured. Similarly, when I take ownership of someone else's code, I recast it for my own style and understanding.

To me the good news is that CC wouldn't do this if he wasn't planning more Axe8 updates in the future. This is pure speculation on my part, but Cliff seems like a pragmatic guy. Why bother with a restructure if it wouldn't make your life easier down the road?

I'm moving this week into next, so it'll be perfect when the update is ready next week when I have time to play it! :)

Might be a bit longer. I rearchitected the firmware to more resemble the Axe-Fx III. This was a MAJOR undertaking and will likely need another week of programming and testing.

Looking forward to it whenever it's ready, and really appreciate the updates & communication.

Was playing with the Brit Silver & OH GNR IR's last night (with no kids in the house :)) and I really don't know how it could sound any better. Hopefully my neighbors agree. :) Love this gear...

Looking forward to it whenever it's ready, and really appreciate the updates & communication.

Was playing with the Brit Silver & OH GNR IR's last night (with no kids in the house :)) and I really don't know how it could sound any better. Hopefully my neighbors agree. :) Love this gear...

I base all of my go to patches on the OH GNR irs. They are phenomenal, and you're right, I don't see how it could sound any better. That's the crazy part

Might be a bit longer. I rearchitected the firmware to more resemble the Axe-Fx III. This was a MAJOR undertaking and will likely need another week of programming and testing.

That's the sure sign of a great consumer product company. Taking the time and having the passion to make products the best they can, even if it's a lot more work.

I'd like it soon, but I'd rather have it right. Thanks!

Got a Canada Day gig July 1st and my 9.04 presets are dialed in. Very happy with my AX8 as is so no rush.
Would not even risk an upgrade until after that show.
From the discussion, it looks like a lot of really interesting changes coming up but hope it does not come with new issues.
Cautiously optimistic but keeping the faith as FAS has never let me down yet.
:)

I base all of my go to patches on the OH GNR irs. They are phenomenal, and you're right, I don't see how it could sound any better. That's the crazy part

What are your favs? I've been using MED Brown-05 and GNR SP2-5 in a stereo config. Likewise MED Bold-06 and GNR D201-M+
And I've stopped looking now :)

Thanks for the update and for doing all that you do; hope your doing better now that your surgery is a few weeks behind you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom