Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear, that AX8 is going to get some Ares goodness in the next update! Still wondering how much better the modeling can get anymore? LOL

Q9.04 sounds fanastic. I left off at around 8 last year and it's just plug and play for tones now. No tweaking required. Excited to hear what Q10 would bring though!

10 for my Axe II Mk 1 seemed to definitely bring something new and better to the mix.

I am looking forward to the AX8 update!

Haha, me too. I have an AxeFX III, but I'm really curious to hear what a little bit of Ares sounds like on the AX8!

Last edited:
I didn’t understand if all amp models would be converted to New ARES modeling or only few amp models (the new ones included in the AXE FX 2). Any clue?

I didn’t understand if all amp models would be converted to New ARES modeling or only few amp models (the new ones included in the AXE FX 2). Any clue?

The way I understand it, Ares modeling won’t run on the AxeFX II or the AX8. FAS has ported what they can to the older hardware. Exactly what that is, no one outside if FAS knows for sure.

Ares is the underlying modeling engine. Whatever portion of Ares has been ported will effect all amp models. It’s not a conversion of specific amp models.

That’s my understanding. Someone correct me if this is wrong.

I've got the Q10 stuff ported. Working on some bug reports. Hopefully this coming week.

YEEEEEEAH BABY!!!! Cheers very much :)

I-Like-What-You-Got-Good-Job-On-Rick-and-Morty-Get-Schwifty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom